Corsair Community

Possible Firmware to solve V64GB2 BSOD?

Sorry, I don't seem to have much luck searching forums for my answers. I have a CSSD-V64GB2 that was RMA'd after a few months and this one has lasted longer but I have started to have some strange problems and I am suspicious of the SSD. There is very little that has changed on my PC, WinXP, AMD64 bit CPU, 4x1 Gb RAM, but I started having problems with my Acronis software which they are trying to resolve (and Acronis software was the first to detect a problem with the previous drive) and in the last week I have had sudden reboots. I have already replaced the power supply and ran Memtest. I want to know if there is a software to test this SSD drive and if there is a firmware upgrade that might help. Not sure if it's the problem but as I said, I'm suspicious because of the first failure.

Eric

Nothing that seems to point to the problem. I turned off the "auto-reboot" option and got 2 BSODs so far. One with IRQL_NOT_EQUAL and one PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. It's ok to run Chkdsk on an SSD, right? I think I did that last time but the last drive died anyway.

Archived