Corsair Community

HX650W slow to power on system

Shift-8

I got a HX650W that had issues from the first day, the PC would start and stop by itself, other times it would start but I would have to keep the power button pressed for several seconds for it to start.

I took the TX650W from my other PC and put it on my gaming rig and it worked perfectly. It would start immediately when the power button is pressed, as expected.

I put the HX650W on my other PC and it would start but in panic mode, it would not get past the POST.

So I RMA'd the HX650W

Yesterday (20 days later) I got back from Corsair the HX650W and put it back on my gaming rig.

Now my gaming rig is once again showing signs of something not right, I have to keep the power button pressed for several seconds for it to start. The USB devices would power on for a fraction of a sec and then go dark, I have to keep the power button pressed for between 5 and 10 secs for the computer to start.

Anyone has any idea as to why? It appears to only happen with the HX650, the TX650 works perfectly on that computer. Absolutely no changes (other than the PSU swap) were done to the PC in question.

I am really NOT looking forward to another RMA.

*sight*

Thanks for your help

Archived