Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 not being recognized as attached

DaClownie

Purchased the Vengeance 1500 from Amazon on Saturday, March 24th. It was delivered March 26th at 2:30PM, and worked great all night until I powered down my PC at 11:00PM. Windows recognized them instantly and they started working. I installed 1.1 drivers on my Windows 7 x64 rig, got em all configured the way I like.

Fast forward to today (March 27th). I turn my computer on at 11:00AM. Fire up some BF3... no sound. I think... strange... so I go my system tray, the icon is missing. I find the program in the start menu, go to launch it, and it tells me that my headset is not plugged in.

The in-line volume and mic controls are lit up blue as if they are working properly, but pressing the mic mute button doesn't change the indicator lights to red, nor does using the volume up button make the headset produce any noise. I've now tried the headphones in every single USB port on this PC, as well as my girlfriend's HP laptop with no success.

I've seen similar issues posted here on the forums, but none really matching up entirely with my track record. Is this something that would be RMA'd? If so... is this something I would RMA with Amazon seeing as I'm not even a week into my purchase? Or would I still go through Corsair?

I was looking forward to using them again today. Found them incredibly comfortable for the 8 or so hours I used them the first day... sounded great for games (little light on the music, but I anticipated that). Directional sound was phenomenal and everyone said my voice came through crystal clear.

Thanks in advance!

Nevermind, returning the product to Amazon and repurchasing at their new lower price of $69.99. Great price on a great product for those interested.

If this is considered illegal advertisement for the forum, feel free to remove. Just figured I'd pass on a nice deal on Corsair products to Corsair fans :)

Well,I found my problem. I did a system restore back to yesterday when the driver recognized my headset and it worked. It seems That when I updated to the new Amd Catalyst 12.3 today it wiped it out. So I tried installing the AMD driver again and same result...Knocks out my headset. Restored back and all is fine. What can be the issue...The AMD USB Filter Driver or the AMD HDMI/DP Audio Drivers ?

Archived