Corsair Community

Corsair Performance Pro e X79 Raid Controller

idiegoit

Hello,

I bught two Corsair Performace Pro 256 Gb CSSD-P256GBP-BK.

I created one logichal drive in RAID 1 with the C 600 controller included in my MB EVGA X79 Classified, but unfortunately I have wrong message of error from Inter Rapid Storage Enterprise, error SSD, also if it is all o.k.

There's fw update for my ssd to fix this issue? The bios from the Mainboard is the last V. 34.

Thank-You to everybody can Help me:roll:

Toasted, X79 and C600 are two names for the same chipset, so both of you are right. It's still a single chip PCH chipset, not a separate SATA controller, as used on the X58 platform. The P67 chipset is also called C200 by Intel, and their software will use C200 as the name of the IRST driver too. Confusing, but not a big deal.

The X79/C600 chipset uses the RSTe driver, not the usual IRST driver used with virtually all other current and older Intel chipsets, which you understand.

Many X79 owners are having issues with RSTe and their drives, so I don't see this as a drive-specific issue. As you said, we have almost zero information about the error or issue yet. Blaming the Corsair Performance Pro at this point is not correct, and more than likely is not the issue.

Toasted, X79 and C600 are two names for the same chipset, so both of you are right. It's still a single chip PCH chipset, not a separate SATA controller, as used on the X58 platform. The P67 chipset is also called C200 by Intel, and their software will use C200 as the name of the IRST driver too. Confusing, but not a big deal.

Thanks for clarifying, At least Intel's naming system better than AMD.

Archived