Corsair Community

PSU fried MOBO RMA 2762726

Still waiting on response to my RMA. Sent it yesterday. Not at home right now so spec i put on forum are what i can remember. Dont know exact model numbers off hand. Installed new PSU after old one started making noises and fan went out. Decided to go with Corsair. Bought it at local retail chain store. Got home installed everything where old one was hooked up. Had friend who built his pc to look it over just to double check my work. I have avg to medium tech lvl. He has put together several pc's. When turned it on got snap crackle and pop. Quickly turned it off from back and disconnected main cord. Upon inspection saw that 4 pin 12v into mobo had partially melted. Took it back to retail store where i got it from. They checked over to make sure i installed right which i did. Then proceded to tell me they can only refund money for PSU. So came on here to get help.

• Corsair Employees
NP and I did send them a message but you will need to speak with them to complete this request. Did you by chance send the MB back to the respective MB maker for RMA? If not I would suggest doing that as it will have to be determined if the MB or the PSU was at fault before any claim can be processed.

I havent since MB is about 3 years old not sure if even have warranty to be worth it. Odd though had no problems till i switched PSU. Guess this is gonna be like pulling teeth. Will be home in about 3 hours. Then will have chance to check all model numbers and try contacting MB manufacturer. This all just happened Sunday with first PSU going out, don't have equipment to test but 99% sure that one did no damage since i was able to Shut down PC and turn off with no errors or crashing. Also that PSU just fan stopped after lots of noises. Monday bought new PSU at retail store. Then all this happened. :(:

• Corsair Employees
I understand but it could be that the old PSU when it failed took out the MB if I understand what you posted. But please explain the situation to our customer service and we can test the POSU to be sure it is or is not the PSU.

Archived