Corsair Community

Having problems charing my cell phone via front USB port on 500R...

Syxx676

It's kinda weird, and I'm not sure if I need to mess with any settings, cell phone or not...

I can connect it, and get a status light from my phone that says it should be charging, but it's actually not. Or, it will be, and I'll check my phone, and it'll go from charging or not.

It could be charging, just not as fast as the cell wants. I'm charging my iPad off of my front port right now (not a Corsair case), and it says it's not charging, but if I check with an app, it's definitely charging, just really slow.

I have the same type of problem with my Carbide 500R & ASUS P8Z68-V PRO\GEN3 board / build.

... I do have the ASMedia USB 3.0 Battery Charging Support (Fast Charging) : Enabled in the bios.

Not sure if this a case issue, or the board's apparently known problem's with the USB voltage / 3.0 port issues ...

... pretty sure this is a post-3202 bios update issue ...

... sometimes both ASMedia XHCI Controllers (3.0) are there, sometimes only one, sometimes : none ... :roll:

anyway - at present my rear USB 3.0 ports are not working (Device Manager only shows 1 ASMedia XHCI Controller), but the case front 3.0s are working ...

... plug the Atrix into one of the front ports, it shows it's charging - but you couldn't convince me of that (still at 60% after an hour) ...

nbd though – as I normally use the wall outlet, now that's fast charging for sure ... ;):

I have a new bios chip for the board on the way - will probably know then if it's a board, or a case issue ...

Well, the status light on the cell phone shows red (like it's charging), but if I turn the cell phone screen on, it shows that it's not charging...

I've had this happen with some universal car chargers for my phone. It does not show it charging, but actually is.

Archived