Corsair Community

H100 Issue, Huge Issue

He11Stinky

Okay, I purchased an H100 Cooler in January after building pretty much a Corsair computer case, psu, ssd, etc. and when I installed everything ran perfectly fine. now my temps were idle at 29C and 65-70C when gaming. Now recently I don't know what happened but my H100 or something went wrong it went from an idle 29C to 92C (this recently happened). So i looked online and saw it might be the thermal paste so i replaced that and now it is at 52C at idle now that's better than 92C. I have a Intel I7 2600k Sandy Bridge CPU and idk what happened or if there is a fix to the H100 but the hoses are fine, fans are fine, and the molex connector is fine. I don't know if this happened to anyone else but i need a fix or an explanation on this issue thanks a bundle.

Specs:

Corsair 700 PSU

Intel I7 Sandy Bridge 2600K 3.2 Ghz

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155

Nvidia 460gtx

Corsair 250 gb SSD

Okay, I purchased an H100 Cooler in January after building pretty much a Corsair computer case, psu, ssd, etc. and when I installed everything ran perfectly fine. now my temps were idle at 29C and 65-70C when gaming. Now recently I don't know what happened but my H100 or something went wrong it went from an idle 29C to 92C (this recently happened). So i looked online and saw it might be the thermal paste so i replaced that and now it is at 52C at idle now that's better than 92C. I have a Intel I7 2600k Sandy Bridge CPU and idk what happened or if there is a fix to the H100 but the hoses are fine, fans are fine, and the molex connector is fine. I don't know if this happened to anyone else but i need a fix or an explanation on this issue thanks a bundle.

Specs:

Corsair 700 PSU

Intel I7 Sandy Bridge 2600K 3.2 Ghz

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155

Nvidia 460gtx

Corsair 250 gb SSD

Your Not alone, after building my comp it was running for close to 2 weeks before out of nowhere my Temp on my Motherboard started warning me that the CPU is Hitting 90c+

i was like WTF i was just using the comp 6 hrs ago playing a game.

So i sent my CPU back thinking it was Faulty, after waiting for 6 WEEKS for my CPU and the supplier saying nothing wrong with it, he ask me the question how is your CPU cooler..???? anyways 1 day goes pass and the machine was running like a dream. after 2 HRS using the computer the warning sign started again...RED screen was popping up saying 75C and rising.

i was feeling the hose and the cpu head of the cooler and it was getting hot. like no water was going in the hoses and nothing was cooling the CPU.

i looked at everything from fan speed to thermal paste and nothing. My Button doesnt even slow or make the fan speed faster it just stuck on 1 speed.. i have open a RMA ticket #2757298.

A H100's pump should be at ~2000 RPM. As Peanutz said, you usually connect the pump speed wire to the CPU Fan header, which should also be named that in your BIOS. Assuming "Fan 1" is the CPU Fan, a speed of 562 RPM is to low.

It's odd changing the thermal paste changed the temps that much, since there is no chance your problem was the paste in the first place. Maybe a bad connection for the power to the pump was moved when you removed the pump that temporarily got it working, to a degree.

Monitoring the pump's speed is important for any liquid cooling system, I always have it as part of my temperature monitoring software, and I can glance over and see what it is anytime.

Well in that case both of our units are faulty. No questions about it. Now am waiting for the RMA ticket so I can replace it. my comp which has been sitting their for nearly 2 months doing nothing. (Brand New)

Archived