Corsair Community

Four TWINX1024-3200C2PRO on a 875P board?

ansiolitico

My motherboard is an Intel one based on 875P chipset. Now it's equipped with Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PRO. I want to upgrade to 2Gigs. Putting another couple of TWINX1024-3200C2PRO inside the two free slots is the right thing to do? Sorry for my english. Regards.

• Corsair Employee
You are welcome to try it, but we only guarantee one set at the rated timings! In addition, if you do try this I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7!

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately suggestions yuo gave me didn't give a positive effect. The system is unstable and reboots in continuos :eek: . The only way I've found to obtain a stable system is to scale to 333 Mhz :mad: . Shall I consider this the only possible solution or there's something else I can try? Thanks Regards

The board is an INTEL D875PBZ equipped with a Pentium IV Northwood 3.2 Ghz. BIOS is Intel Corp. BZ87510A.86A.0093.P22.0402241027, 24/02/2004 (release P22 build93). The timings set where DDR400 2.5-3-3-7 with voltage 2,775. The system is stable either with one couple of dimm or the other one. When I put all together everything crashes (and Microsoft ask me to activate XPpro as I'm doing so many changings :D: ). Bye

• 3 weeks later...
I've upgraded the BIOS version to P27 and set cass values to 3-3-3-8 as you suggested me. The system didn't boot with DDR voltage of 2,625 and 2,675. Booted with errors with 2,725 and finally booted regularly with 2,775v. The issue is that however sometimes when using a large amount of RAM (memory allocated 1,5 G or more) or doing heavy works the system reboots. What can I do?? Thanks

• Corsair Employee
Well I do understand, but this might help isolate a module that is not really bad just maybe weak! In addition, you do realize that you need to consider 48-60 watts just for memory? In other words depending on your configuration you may need a bigger PSU as well!

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, I've done the test you suggested me. Remember I've 2 couple of TWINX1024-3200C2PRO, say couple A and couple B. Well these are the results: One module at time with DDR voltage 2,625 (default) and CASS 2-3-3-6: Couple A Module 1: OK 10 pass 0 errors Couple A Module 2: a lot of errors every pass in test #5 Couple B Module 1: OK 10 pass 0 errors Couple B Module 2: a lot of errors every pass in test #7 The module's behavior doesn't depend on the MB socket used. I've also tested the modules at CASS 2,5-3-3-8 (according to SPD settings) and the results are similar (only less errors where before I had a lot). What should I do? Thanks Andrea

Archived