Corsair Community

Do i need bigger PSU?

memtest82

Hi

Having a little problem with my PC, changed graphic card and overclocked my CPU from 3.2 to 3.9, all worked perfect for few days then whilst playing games my windows started shutting down processes and restarting my pc assumed it was because i overclocked it bit too much. Dropped CPU to 3.8 and all worked perfect for two months or so...

Now today, playing game and my screen started to fade , displaying lines then fading more until white ( 2nd time was black) and then just came back on like nothing happened...

Same thing happened when i was on skype, came back to normal and its been 2 hours or so nothing else happened.

I assumed it could be the PSU not providing enough power to graphic card at times so i was loosing display?

anyway i run OCCT pSU test and it failed after 2 minutes with "sensor over max value" but i haven't got a clue what it means, looked through the *.png screen shots occt provided but cant see nothing silly 12+ jumps from 12.18v to 12.25v every now and then 3.3 rail is stable at all times but 12v- jumps up and down like crazy and 2nd test didnt do nothing at all...

any ideas? PSU finder on corsair website tells me my tx650 is more then enough for what i have...

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6678/2012031714h0612v.png

Now today, playing game and my screen started to fade , displaying lines then fading more until white ( 2nd time was black) and then just came back on like nothing happened...

Same thing happened when i was on skype, came back to normal and its been 2 hours or so nothing else happened.

I assumed it could be the PSU not providing enough power to graphic card at times so i was loosing display?

I would think about trying another GPU if you can. It sounds more GPU related than power.

Archived