Corsair Community

SSD experience

Hello all!

So i just thought i would give my 2 cents on my first ssd 60gb Corsair GT, wich i bought for a couple of weeks ago.

Let me just say these weeks have been very tense.. :bigeyes:

First time i did conect it to the pc, i used port sata3_5. The pc just frozed completely. would not even let it complete post before freeze.. Then i did connect it to port sata3_0 and the system booted up and worked in 5 days without problem, though i did notice a few very small freezes. After 5 days i did activate my OC profile in bios, wich i have used for 1 year, and also testet to be 100% stable, the system got completely mad with freezing/bsod constantly.. I could easely provoke the freeze, just by opening firefox and watch some youtube videos. Have tried everything, reinstall windows, fixes, newest drivers, ahci, you name it.. But now for the last time i thought i would just give it a last try and move the cable for the 3rd time to port sata3_1, reinstalled windows, and to my big surprise, i could feel it instantly after booting, the system became completely stable! Not a single freeze have i been able to provoke in 2 days. And that is with my oc profile activated

I must point out that i bought my motherboard from new for only 1 year ago. And all my other 4 harddiscs work fine on all ports. ssd came with firmware 1.3.3. So i have not touched that.

I must finally say that i'm pretty disappointed over the instability of these ssd's, though if it will keep being stable on this port or some firmware/controller driver would correct this, i will be happy with the product eventually..

Hmm, im not sure so i ask did you install your OS(W7-U) to that SSD or is it runing on that WD?

if you run your os on your hdd its hardly your ssds fault, but it can be sure as all are acting as one component.

as you can see my specs i dont have any HDDs and i have not seen any freeze on my system so far. i dont say it is not that sdd. just that i dont nail it down yet.

so where is your os rigth now?

Hmm, im not sure so i ask did you install your OS(W7-U) to that SSD or is it runing on that WD?

if you run your os on your hdd its hardly your ssds fault, but it can be sure as all are acting as one component.

as you can see my specs i dont have any HDDs and i have not seen any freeze on my system so far. i dont say it is not that sdd. just that i dont nail it down yet.

so where is your os rigth now?

Windows on ssd everytime. Forgot to mention i also changed between 2 new sata3 cables, no difference..

Allright. So now 5 days after the reconnection of the sata3 cable, from port 0 to port 1, running totally stable, what do you know, F4 BSOD once again..

I have changed absolutely nothing in my system settings, and after 5 bsod, it now doesnt find the drive anymore, not even after a cold start..

I have been extremely patient with this drive, trying to get it working, as i allways have thought corsair was a good brand. But never have i experienced an unstable piece of hardware coming close to this. So this is it.. Im gonna rma this drive and buy another brand, as in my opinion, these drives should never have been released with the unstability they are having.

Im surely not gonna buy any corsair brand again, as this have been the worst time consuming experience ever. And after reinstalling windows on my raptor, wich i have used for years, everything is back to normal! :sigh!:

Archived