Corsair Community

600T Fan Controller working poorly..

davidm71

Hi,

I hooked up a 38mm San Ace fan to the fan controller and after a while the noise started to bother me. So even when I dialed the controller down to its lowest setting it was still loud like it had two settings at either medium or high and wouldn't kick in until the knob was turned all the way around. So I hooked up my fan to a 7 Volt modded molex and it sounds so much better. Do I have a bad fan controller or is the fan controller weak?

Thanks.

The Fan controller only works with the stock corsair fans that come with the case. Or a fan that has the same spec as the stock.

Well that's Crazy. Surely they could assume a customer would want to use their own high quality Fans...Im already not happy that I can't have a 200mm sidepanel fan, but now I can't use Any of my purchased fans? That would not look good on corsair

I've got a mix of the stock 2 x 200mm fans, and 2 x Coolermaster Sickleflow 120mm fans running off of my 600T's fan controller and I'm not having any significant issues at all.

I will point out that the controller knob doesn't operate in a completely linear fashion however. For the first 75% or so, the fans only spin up to around half of their potential speed, it's only when you turn the knob past 75% and over that the power seems to kick in more and spin your fans up to higher speeds.

Seem to recall there being several posts reporting this exact issue over the past few months regarding the controller on 600T's not giving exact power to the amount dialled in with the controller per se.

Archived