Corsair Community

+12 running at 12.35

Chief Joseph

On my childs pc I put in a new MB, an Asus P5G41T-M LX PLUS, with a Q9550 and Sapphire Radeon HD 6750, 2 x 4 GB sticks of Corsair DDR3 1600. A 10% o/c using Asus auto in bios. I noticed the +12v is running constant at 12.35, through Asus Probe 2 and in the bios also. Power supply going bad?

On my childs pc I put in a new MB, an Asus P5G41T-M LX PLUS, with a Q9550 and Sapphire Radeon HD 6750, 2 x 4 GB sticks of Corsair DDR3 1600. A 10% o/c using Asus auto in bios. I noticed the +12v is running constant at 12.35, through Asus Probe 2 and in the bios also. Power supply going bad?

I had the same thing a few months ago and it turned out i did not have the 24pin power cable plugged into the mother board all the way.

but there is nothing wrong with 12.35v

Ok, the GS600 died. PC would not boot, kept crashing after hitting power button. Fans and lights would come on, then it would shut down immediately. Fan connected directly to PSU stopped working. I pulled my PSU from my main PC and installed it. Everything works, including the fan that failed with the GS600, but now the +12v is showing 12.41. I'm afraid it's the board and that it's going to take this PSU out too.

Also, you cannot rely on software readings. The only reliable way to measure voltage is with a meter.

I suggest you either get a meter and/or go ahead and replace the motherboard if you believe that it is faulty. The RMA link for your Corsair PSU is on the left side bar of the forum page.

I returned the MB to the seller and got another one. Found some new ram on craigslist for cheap to use while mine is rma. Put it all together this morning and running great all day so far (fingers crossed), had my son play 2 hours of COD MW3 to test it, poor kid. Soon as my GS600 and memory get back, I'll put them in, test the memory and All will be well. A little bummed had to re register my windows 7 since I put in the exact same motherboard. I'll be keeping the extra memory and psu as backups for these occasions from now on.

A little bummed had to re register my windows 7 since I put in the exact same motherboard.

Microsoft will reset those without having to purchase another license if you call them . I believe it can be done online as well. I've been in the same situation...three times now.:)

Microsoft will reset those without having to purchase another license if you call them . I believe it can be done online as well. I've been in the same situation...three times now.:)

Ya, I have to use the call in number every time now. It's a retail version that I bought avoid having to go through the hassle. But, now every time I make a change the auto doesn't work and have to call the automated line. A couple of times after punching in the long line of numbers, when it asks that stupid question of how many computers the software is installed on, I've said "none" and "zero" before and it heard me wrong and wouldn't activate. Had to redo the whole thing. Just a pain.

Archived