Corsair Community

Corsair 650D or 800D refresh?

aln688

Corsair, are the 650D or 800D due for a refresh?

I'm thinking in particular, the outrageous USB 3.0 cable coming out the back of the case and into the back of the board (effectively halving the amount of USB 3 ports my board provides), and also the possibility of 140mm fans.

I ask because the 550D wasn't designed with enough room above the motherboard area to even fit a 25mm radiator + 25mm fan (at least for my X79 board it wasn't), so I'm now looking at the 650D and 800D, which of course, are older cases.

Thanks.

Alright, different question. For the 650D/800D, can a replacement USB 3 module be purchased that provides the correct USB 3 internal motherboard plug on the other end? Also, does the 650D have a solid door option available, without the windowed side? Thanks.

Correct, that kit has the same cables that come in the 800D to begin with, so that does not answer the question.

http://www.corsair.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/u/s/usb3cables_2.png

That looks like a good option. I saw another adapter by L/Li, similar, but not as clean looking as this. Thanks.

no, that is your only option for now

in the future corsair will most likely go with an internal hook up as much as to the distaste from customer feedback

an 800D full model change may happen "soon"

nearing there modeled year end product cycle

sales are still strong so it maybe delayed

I'm also waiting for a revision of the 650D case with just 3 (very easy) changes:

1. USB3 internal cable (like 500R);

2. New side panel close system (like 550D) and (maybe) a taller window;

3. New top mesh or top mesh cover (like this).

Simple and easy, I think...

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I've been waiting for an upgrade to the internal USB header for months now (I didn't want to sleeve the current front panel and then re do it later) for my 700d.

I finally gave up because it has been a very long time. Wouldn't count on anything.

• 1 month later...

I am done with mdpc-x sleeve but never mind I will sleeve again. :).

This is necessery... I will buy new Front I/0 and sleeve again because this is not little thing.

Over 30cm x2 unnecessery cables + adapter Y 15cm. I moved and DVD-RW at the end to make better cable managment this is important for that.

Archived