Corsair Community

GPU availability ... rant!

carglue

I have popped up on this site off and on for more than a year now, each time waiting for some kind of release date info on the Corsair HC GPC & Northbridge water cooler option kits. All we ever see is continued promises. "Any day now"... "Look at these beautiful prototypes"... "Koolance makes a kit for $39, but you're better off waiting to spend more than $100 for our vapor hardware"... "Are we there yet?" I mean really! This is REDICULOUS! If I understand correctly, these stupid cooling accessories have been under development for almost a year and a half! Nobody takes that long to design something. Even the entire cooling system probably did not take that long. I think something is seriously wrong with the product, the company, or its R&D processes. I think we have all been misled. First with the "CoolGuy" and now with others. And to add salt to the wound, after waiting patiently for so long, Corsair has the gall to expect people to pay 3 times the amount as other competitors? Its more than have of what I paid for the entire system! Gee wiz. Either crap or get off the crapper guys. But don't make your loyal customers hang on forever with zero information about real release dates. :mad:

They've been out for a while overseas. Read the forums. [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=26824[/url] [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=25357[/url] [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=26552[/url] [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showpost.php?p=131720&postcount=13[/url] Now a better question would be to ask when they will be available in the USA. If you are getting your pricing info from the Aussie sites, then you have to think about overseas shipping.

carglue, Currently, the chipset cold-blocks are only manufactured in limited sets per current low volumes requested. When the next Hydro-Cooling Series arrives, the chipsets should become mainstream to purchase. Volumes with the HydroCool 200, 200EX and the Hydro-(NEW) should allow greater demand and volumes to be sold world-wide. The chipset-blocks are designed to help users maximize cooling and space used within the computer case. Sorry that I can't add more info than this. Stev

[quote name='carglue']I have popped up on this site off and on for more than a year now, each time waiting for some kind of release date info on the Corsair HC GPC & Northbridge water cooler option kits. All we ever see is continued promises. "Any day now"... "Look at these beautiful prototypes"... "Koolance makes a kit for $39, but you're better off waiting to spend more than $100 for our vapor hardware"... "Are we there yet?" I mean really! This is REDICULOUS! If I understand correctly, these stupid cooling accessories have been under development for almost a year and a half! Nobody takes that long to design something. Even the entire cooling system probably did not take that long. I think something is seriously wrong with the product, the company, or its R&D processes. I think we have all been misled. First with the "CoolGuy" and now with others. And to add salt to the wound, after waiting patiently for so long, Corsair has the gall to expect people to pay 3 times the amount as other competitors? Its more than have of what I paid for the entire system! Gee wiz. Either crap or get off the crapper guys. But don't make your loyal customers hang on forever with zero information about real release dates. :mad:[/QUOTE] dude, if its that bad then just go with Koolance or another maker of gpu and nb blocks. i cant see waiting for over a year to get my gpu and nb cooled just cause you want it from corsair. you already state that the price is way more than the competitors. i am happy with my HydroCool. i am running a ThermalTake gpu block and it is working fine. and i had it before my HydroCool even arrived. (thanks to ThermalTakes crappy external cooling system... did i say that?) :eek: their are alot of threads on here about getting other blocks to work with your HydroCool. u just gotta read and research. ;):

[quote name='stev']carglue, Currently, the chipset cold-blocks are only manufactured in limited sets per current low volumes requested. When the next Hydro-Cooling Series arrives, the chipsets should become mainstream to purchase. Volumes with the HydroCool 200, 200EX and the Hydro-(NEW) should allow greater demand and volumes to be sold world-wide. The chipset-blocks are designed to help users maximize cooling and space used within the computer case. Sorry that I can't add more info than this. Stev[/QUOTE] Steve, with all due respect, you are obviously spinning the truth. Please be honest. There's a tremendous demand -- Just look at this list alone! It seems like everyone who's bought the HC200 wants them. For every person who has posted an inquiry about them (lots!), there must be thousands who didn't because they already saw the answer posted. FACT: The only place these blocks are mentioned being for sale on any thread throughout this entire Hydrocool board is from some shady character in Australia (and for a rediculous amount of money per block). If these are legitimate products, then the only explanation for this is that they are being (quietly) test marketed there. Kooler King said it best: "I can only speculate that such might be a "test market" introduction to work out marketing bugs before introduction elsewhere? Just a guess on that, I truly don't know anything further." I 've got no problem with test marketing products, even if they (the prototypes) took forever to actually materialize. What I'm annoyed about is that Corsair/Delphi is not being honest with their loyal customers about the true release dates and the nature of the limited-release prototype kits in Austrailia. Just say it: "They're still in beta-test." Also, please realize that we (the customers) are aware that whenever someone asks about the general release dates for these products there is no response and the thread just ends. That's deliberate and unfortunate. It would be better to have a sticky posting by Corsair or even Delphi that gives a real update of the current testing status and planned worldwide release dates. Then, every time some poor soul asks the same question again, you can simply paste the link to the sticky. Its really that simple. And we as customers deserve the honest truth.

[quote name='BiO|Grr8xTc']dude, if its that bad then just go with Koolance or another maker of gpu and nb blocks. i cant see waiting for over a year to get my gpu and nb cooled just cause you want it from corsair. you already state that the price is way more than the competitors. i am happy with my HydroCool. i am running a ThermalTake gpu block and it is working fine. and i had it before my HydroCool even arrived. (thanks to ThermalTakes crappy external cooling system... did i say that?) :eek: their are alot of threads on here about getting other blocks to work with your HydroCool. u just gotta read and research. ;):[/QUOTE] Yes, I have now (finally) gone with the Koolance products. I ordered the gpu, nb, and 2 harddrive blocks. But what I'm pissed about is that everyone on this list keeps getting strung along about the general availability of the Corsair blocks. Why did I wait so long? Because I did a lot of reading and had high expectations that the other blocks from Corsair would be at least as good as their CPU block. But enough is enough. How many customer's are they willing to loose to Koolance before they finally (if ever) release their product to the market? After a year and a half of broken promises, I finally woke up to what was really going on. Yet another customer lost. If only I could've gotten an honest and accurate reading on their planned general availability dates, I might've waited another month or two for the Corsair blocks. But after a year and a half, I now feel misled, and Lord knows in this country (US) we get enough of that from our leaders. :mad:

Carglue, Sorry that you have waited so long for these products to be released in larger volumes. :sigh!: Corsair directs the sales and marketing of the products, not Delphi. :!: Delphi only produces the components or licenses the technology to be manufactured for Corsair. If the volumes are too low, then nobody bids on making them. Thus, only limited "test market" kits are available. :!: When I had mentioned that the other Hydro-(NEW) product to arrive, then chipsets should have enough volume to launch into full manufacturing. Until then, our hands are tied. :sigh!: This is the most honest information I can give. If people can not wait, then they will buy add-on products from Koolance or others. We do hurt by the loss in sales. However, you being the customer need to make that choice. If you can't wait, then get going on ordering parts for your system needs now. It is that simple. :idea: Stev

[COLOR=SandyBrown][B]Disclaimer: The following post is only my personal opinion. I do not work for Corsair or Delphi. This is not meant to be a personal attack, just pointing out holes in the discussion.[/B][/COLOR] [quote name='stev']carglue, Currently, the chipset cold-blocks are only manufactured in limited sets per current low volumes requested.[/quote] [quote name='carglue']Steve, with all due respect, you are obviously spinning the truth. Please be honest. There's a tremendous demand -- Just look at this list alone! It seems like everyone who's bought the HC200 wants them. For every person who has posted an inquiry about them (lots!), there must be thousands who didn't because they already saw the answer posted.[/quote] [quote name='stev']Corsair directs the sales and marketing of the products, not Delphi. :!: Delphi only produces the components or licenses the technology to be manufactured for Corsair. If the volumes are too low, then nobody bids on making them. Thus, only limited "test market" kits are available.[/QUOTE] This list is only a handful of people. Let's assume that for every one vocal person, 100 people are silent, but agree with them. That's still not that much. As quoted by someone earlier, water cooling is much bigger overseas (Asia area I believe they said, gotta find that post), and as such products are often released there first. If you compare the USA to Japan for instance, all the cool toys come out there first. Partially because of the amount of people, partially because of how the culture embraces technology like no other. Face it, we have nothing like Akiba here in the USA. Like Stev (who's from Delphi, not Corsair) said, Corsair makes the decisions for sales / marketing, not Delphi. [quote name='stev']When the next Hydro-Cooling Series arrives, the chipsets should become mainstream to purchase. Volumes with the HydroCool 200, 200EX and the Hydro-(NEW) should allow greater demand and volumes to be sold world-wide. ... When I had mentioned that the other Hydro-(NEW) product to arrive, then chipsets should have enough volume to launch into full manufacturing. Until then, our hands are tied. :sigh!:[/QUOTE] [quote name='carglue']FACT: The only place these blocks are mentioned being for sale on any thread throughout this entire Hydrocool board is from some shady character in Australia (and for a rediculous amount of money per block). If these are legitimate products, then the only explanation for this is that they are being (quietly) test marketed there. Kooler King said it best: "I can only speculate that such might be a "test market" introduction to work out marketing bugs before introduction elsewhere? Just a guess on that, I truly don't know anything further."[/QUOTE] You REALLY NEED TO DO RESEARCH. 2 min on Google finds lots of Aussie resellers selling the chipset / GPU cooling stuff for $160-220 AUD (price for both), which is $115-156 USD before shipping. Marz's appx. prices sound reasonable considering the market. I can't verify his business ethics or anything like that, but calling him a "shady character" just because he is giving out verifyable information is a MAJOR assumption on your part, which IMHO, is completely unjustified. I concur with you and Stev, Australia / Asia (markets bleed together over there) may be a test market. [quote name='carglue']I 've got no problem with test marketing products, even if they (the prototypes) took forever to actually materialize. What I'm annoyed about is that Corsair/Delphi is not being honest with their loyal customers about the true release dates and the nature of the limited-release prototype kits in Austrailia. Just say it: "They're still in beta-test."[/QUOTE] You are assuming they are doing a prototype test / beta-test. YOu do not have proof of this. Hardware isn't normally "beta-tested" on the public, albeit a product can go through revisions based upon customer comments. I highly doubt Corsair is doing anything half-cocked like a public prototype test, just doesn't fit their modus operandi. [quote name='carglue']Also, please realize that we (the customers) are aware that whenever someone asks about the general release dates for these products there is no response and the thread just ends. That's deliberate and unfortunate. It would be better to have a sticky posting by Corsair or even Delphi that gives a real update of the current testing status and planned worldwide release dates. Then, every time some poor soul asks the same question again, you can simply paste the link to the sticky. Its really that simple. And we as customers deserve the honest truth.[/QUOTE] [quote name='stev']This is the most honest information I can give. If people can not wait, then they will buy add-on products from Koolance or others. We do hurt by the loss in sales. However, you being the customer need to make that choice. If you can't wait, then get going on ordering parts for your system needs now. It is that simple. :idea:[/QUOTE] Most probably haven't noticed, but Cooler Guy has been busy lately. He hasn't ignored the posts, he hasn't SEEN them. He hasn't logged onto the boards for almost 2 months. Why? Not a clue. Last time I talked to Ram Guy I believe he said Cooler Guy was mondo busy. Also, Cooler Guy is just the rep, he doesn't make the sales / marketing decisions. I'll call up Ram Guy this weekend, see if he can notify Cooler Guy about this thread, or possibly get some more info from him. An official response is a good idea. Personally, I wouldn't expect anything immediate, as it's Friday afternoon as well as something on this topic probably needs to get approval from high up.

[quote name='Wired'][COLOR=SandyBrown][B]Disclaimer: The following post is only my personal opinion. I do not work for Corsair or Delphi. This is not meant to be a personal attack, just pointing out holes in the discussion.[/B][/COLOR] Personally, I wouldn't expect anything immediate, as it's Friday afternoon as well as something on this topic probably needs to get approval from high up.[/QUOTE] [quote name='KaptCrunch'][COLOR=NeonGreen][B]Disclaimer: The following post is only my personal opinion. I do not work for Corsair or Delphi. just poking holes in the discussion.[/B][/COLOR] [/QUOTE] Wired,Carglue.....(sounds if something needs some Red Green duct tapeing to hold it to together :laughing: ) numbers of people per sqaure mile/kilometer on usa contenant the numbers crunch are in favor overseas,so we just have wait ;): also they test marketed for us an by the time we get'em cheap n better product. just 1 question for the suits-n-ties, will corsair sell a complete hcx system with all three blocks (GPU,CPU,NB) or that is an optional or this maybe the issue pricing, competiton for a vga kit 42$cnd [[url]http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=872901&CatId=499][/url]

[quote name='carglue'] FACT: The only place these blocks are mentioned being for sale on any thread throughout this entire Hydrocool board is from some shady character in Australia (and for a rediculous amount of money per block). If these are legitimate products, then the only explanation for this is that they are being (quietly) test marketed there. Kooler King said it best: "I can only speculate that such might be a "test market" introduction to work out marketing bugs before introduction elsewhere? Just a guess on that, I truly don't know anything further." I 've got no problem with test marketing products, even if they (the prototypes) took forever to actually materialize. What I'm annoyed about is that Corsair/Delphi is not being honest with their loyal customers about the true release dates and the nature of the limited-release prototype kits in Austrailia. Just say it: "They're still in beta-test." [/QUOTE] (Rant mode on): Why don't you just mention it was me that offered to send the blocks over to whom ever was willing to pay for them? People like you really piss me off. I'm trying to do the right thing by letting all and sundry on this forum know I can supply them and that they are expensive. Why don't you get of your *** and have a look at the retail prices of the blocks in Australia and then tell me that the price I offered was umm, what was it you said, oh yer "for a rediculous amount of money per block"........ If people don't trust me to send over the goods when they've sent payment, fine I don't have a problem with that, you don't have to deal with me! But to state that I'm " a shady character" when you (nor anyone else for that matter) have any evidence of "shady" dealings almost boarders on slander! Not to mention that now I may be considered a "shady character" on this forum! This will be the FIRST and LAST time I ever respond to one of your threads. And, before you get apologetic, save it! Next time think before you speak! (Rant mode off).

[quote name='Marz'](Rant mode on): Why don't you get off your Butt and have a look at the retail prices of the blocks in Australia and then tell me that the price I offered was umm, what was it you said, oh yer "for a rediculous amount of money per block"........ (Rant mode off).[/QUOTE] for a rediculous amount of money per block= Doh packing & shipping overseas, time to get the stuff as you all know time is money...ask FedX... quicker time more money. now this is the real world of supply an demand! when you want it .....doh how much was the packaging :idea:

Archived