Corsair Community

no drive shows up for update??

5200x

I have a performance 3 120GB and I want to update my firmware but the program comes up with no drives the window is blank?

So what gives here? :confused::confused:

Whats wrong?:confused:

This is a toshiba satellite laptop model 655 only one HD

Answer I’m an idiot wrong SSD update strange no update for the performance 3 SSD yet I still get a reboot ever so often usually when watching an AVI or MKV movie or when playing my net radio.:roll:

no its the SSD I had a regular drive in it before and I never had these problems with reboots and I have redone the drive three time with the same outcome before that I tried to use it in my main desktop computer and would get strange pops comming out of my speakers nothing I did would stop this every 40 second crackel/pop from happening.

I decided to install it in my laptop and got the video reboot problem I will be watching an AVI or MKV vid and Bam reboot. My laptop just got trashed by a windows 7 update so I did a compleat reinstall AND...... same problem RATS.

I can’t a friend got the drive for me for working on his comp long distance with team viewer he is in Oregon I’m in Arizona I do a lot of these long distance computer fixes, updates reinstalls so on I have even done a complete reinstall of win 7 long distance all I need is someone to insert a DVD.

Thanks though I still like the SSD it’s very fast I just got a force 3 to install on a comp for someone I hope he likes it.

It still does this all the time but strangely it doesn’t seam to do any damage to the OS at all even though it reboots 1 or 2 times a week I guess win 7 is stronger than we think.

The Toshiba laptop works well with it wish it had 6 gig sata support on it though but I get great speed out of it.

It only reboots when watching a video more with MKV vids than AVI vids I have my laptop connected to my 47 HDTV to watch all my vids works great for that the laptop never gets hot being a i3 Intel CPU.

Not bad for a $600 laptop.

So no updates for the performance 3 yet? Do I need a receipt to get an RMA as I said it was given to me for work done and it was new from the egg.

Archived