Corsair Community

[Inquiry] - RMA# 2746949

Eth1c

I have a few questions about the RMA process that I am having to go through for this following product.

• Corsair Memory Vengeance 16 Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 MHz 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9

First inquiry I have is about the process.

The manufacture produces a Defective product that of which I paid over $100 for, than I am expected to fork out additional funds to return that said, Defective Product to the manufacture for a replacement? I must say, I am at a loss of how this is my responsibility since it is your Manufactures fault.

Second inquiry is along the first but more aimed toward why I feel this is irrational.

If, one orders pizza and it arrives late, the pizza is free, if one eats at a restaurant and the food is not cooked, they get a replacement meal(at no cost), if one orders RAM and it is non-functional.... He pays more money to return the defective product, loses the function of his computer for (3-5 days processing and 1-2 days for; west coast shipping). My "inquiry" about this is, are you satisfied with the service you provide to me, your costumer.

On a side note, I am running 2 of the 4 sticks that have tested through Memtest86+ without error, I am happy with the product, just not the service of the return of the defective products. I know this industry cannot entirely avoid things of this nature, I just feel that the customer is the one who undergoes the hardship in this process when the manufacture should be the one "making things right".

If this, "process" suffers from an inability to improve for the customers satisfaction, I would like a refund so I can purchase another manufactures ram instead of replacing the current.

Sorry I am such a bitter man, hard for me to be optimistic.

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry that you had a bad experience but let's clarify a few things, first of which is if you purchase a new product and it is bad or fails in the first 15-30 days the reseller will normally take care of you if they will not then you would have to contact our customer service and let them know the situation and our customer service will at least take of the RMA.

Now saying that I must also mention if you use our on line form and mention it there; it may be over looked as most of that process is automated and the way to be sure would be to call our customer service by phone and I am sure they will take care of you or any one else..

In addition, I am also sorry but it is near impossible for us to refund you on an item you did not purchase directly from us, so if a refund is what you are looking for the reseller would be the first point of contact for you.

Again I am sorry this happened to you but memory is one of the most sensitive products in your system and though we go to great lengths to find a potential problem some do slip through.

I would suggest calling our customer service by phone if possible should this happen to any one.

Thanks for your clarification and illumination that I can resolve this with the reseller (In this case Amazon) whom will be providing free shipping of currently defective product and shipping me a new one.

Also, I would like to apologize in my haste I drew a conclusion of your customer service via a "automated" online form, I should have attempted phone support before judging harshly.

Thank you for your assistance and it seems I'll be handling the rest of this via Amazon and I also want to thank you for your rapid response.

once again, I would like to point out that the 2 working sicks did perform very well.

• Corsair Employees

That is no problem and I am sorry you had trouble and for any one else if there is ever a question about one of our products or the reseller is not willing to help you please contact our customer service we will do our best to help you..

Please let our customer service know if there are any questions I am sure they do what ever they can to help you.

Archived