Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance K90 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - DEAD, AGAIN

John-Doe

My second k90 died today. Like some users here my k90 works flawless until the pc restarts on the very next day. For me it is not working now at all, a bios reset has no effect, plugged into another system won't reactivate the keyboard too.

This is now the second time, my first k90 did excactly the same, it just died a few days after I bought it. I seriously doubt that this is an issue on my machine, my Logitech Keyboard works ALWAYS.

So is there any practical solution here? I did NOT flashed the keyboard nor will I do so for my mainboard in order to get a keyboard to work probably. Seriously: This thing should just work, it is the most simple and still most important thing on the pc. For a 100 bucks keyboard it is the worst case scenario...

System:

Win7x64

Gigabyte P35-DS3P

4GB Ram

Radeon HD 6870

What do I mean by the keyboard is dead: PC starts, keyboard is conected but won't be found, no lights, no key, nothing will work anymore, even on another system.

• Corsair Employees
When you have the keyboard connected, in the system processes do you see the K90HID.exe . If you do end that process, then go into the driver installation directory and see if you can start it again.

Hmm, I don't know how that could help, the keyboard is not even recognized on another system, nor is it in post anymore. But anyway, I returned it already. Now Logitech gets a chance.

Sorry Dude, nice keyboard but I give up.

Archived