Corsair Community

Broken SATA Power Connector

Doubt this is covered under the warranty. But..

I was attempting to adjust cabling in my case when I slipped and caught cable to the power connector for the hard drive breaking off the plastic guide/cover for the plug.

The drive itself is still functional, the pins didn't come of but were bent slightly. And the drive runs pushed the pieces together and is holding itself on as long as too much pressure back too hard.

Was setting up an RMA but under the "Problem Type" there is only "Drive Failed" and "Firmware Update Required". Neither of these seems to apply.

Is this something that can be repaired or replaced? Or should I bite the bullet and buy a new drive.

Hi

I am having the same problem with my ssd drive I bought last week. It is Corsair force 3 120 gb. I was just trying to move it in a different place in my case, i just heard snap noise, and noticed all pins came of the board. It looks like they were not soldered very well, is I didn't put too much force on them. Anyway, would it be possible to have it fixed somehow, or is there any way to get it sorted?

Thanks for reply

• Corsair Employees
The only thing we can do is issue an RMA but if they determine it was physical damage they may not repair the drive. I would suggest you go ahead and speak with our customer service before you send the drive to us.

Archived