Corsair Community

Retiring my trusty HX520

Nordstrom

Hi people :)

My excellent HX520W which is extremely silent both regarding fan and electronics and stable is able to power my current OC'ed setup during load but it's close to it's limit and with an upcoming Ivy Bridge and SLI build it's unfortunately no longer addiquit so I'm in the market for a new Corsair PSU :)

I had something like 800W-1000W in mind and since I'm almost hypersensitive towards noise I'm looking for something just as silent as my HX which is a Seasonic S12 in disguise.

The Enthusiast series looks fairly good spec and price wise but seeing all the V2 posts with people complaining about fan noise doesn't really motivate me towards this series.

So it's pretty much either the Professional or Professional Gold series. HX or AX. I have no doubt what so ever towards the quality of these two series but I'm concerned about fan and coil noise.

I understand that the fan of the PSU in the AX series shuts down completely when it's not needed which is a BIG plus for me.

Does the Pro series have that feature too?

• Corsair Employees
I had something like 800W-1000W in mind and since I'm almost hypersensitive towards noise I'm looking for something just as silent as my HX which is a Seasonic S12 in disguise.

A: Well not its not exactly the internal components are a little different which make it a different unit.

However I would suggest you consider our AX Series AX850 or AX1200 for your next build.

Archived