Corsair Community

Obsidian 800D

lilkiduno

So I have spent the money on an Obsidan 800D and am quite happy with it with the exception of a few things. 1. There is not enought room behind the motherboard plate for routing your 20+4 pin connector with out either a a bow or sleeving all the wires individualy. 2. The USB 3.0 support? Are the engineers at corsair planning on adding a USB 3.0 brick to plug in directly to the motherboard or is the plug them into your I/O backplact connectors a done deal no revisions? 3. The front I/O door (which hides the front usb and audio will catch the top of my rom if I leave it in the first 5.25 bay. 4. ALL the fans are 3-pin and there was no supplied 3-pin to molex converters included. I had to buy a fan controller... which really isn't too big of a con but I did just spend just under three hundreed dollars so it's a bit of a complain....

So my main concern is will corsair produce a USB 3.0 brick?

I have the 20+4 pin routed by itself over the plastic backing to the psu section. And my side panel is bowing. The psu is a corsair 850watt modular. I could probably take a circle file and file the plastic a bit an it wouldnt bow out. Or I can cut the sleeveing that comes with my psu and fan the cables out a bit. Either way I think there should be a bit more room back there.

Archived