Corsair Community

ASUS P4SDX RAM Compatibilty

Seeekerman

Hi, I am interested in buying the best, fastest Corsair RAM for my system. ASUS Support directed me to you. Will this memory function correctly in my Motherboard? 80097-16 Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Memory w/Heat Spreader Retail *** Free 2nd Day *** OR Could you recommend better/compatible? THANKS!

Ok, I am really dreading which memory to buy... RAMGuy here is a link to my Motherboard which states DDR 400 Comaptibility: [url]http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4sdx/overview.htm[/url] I would like to run a pair of 512MB DDR modules. The support of the RAM at DDR 400 is for CAS 2.5 ( I checked the Kingston part #'s for details), should I run DDR333 modules with CAS 2 Latency for minimal problems? Or would DDR400 at CAS 2.5 be faster? Shoot me, I'm in a RAM frenzy... PLEASE explain and recommend your BEST, most reliable and fastest RAM. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something's wrong with that page: [url]http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4sdx/overview.htm[/url] That says 400 Mhz [url]http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P4SDX&langs=09[/url] Spec sheet says 333 Mhz ...mkay...

You know, the spec sheet that comes with the board states 333 as well... I thought that maybe 400 was not available at the time and ASUS tested it after releasing the initial specs... This is ?VERY confusing... Is there some formula that states a 533 FSB can't support DDR400? If So, then I will buy the 333mhz ram. What is the best Corsair RAM I can buy for this board? Thanks ALL!!!!

• Corsair Employee
This would apply to most systems! If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 Mhz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400

Here is the response from ASUS, they are correcting the Link on their Website that States 6GB of total RAM to 4 GB. The SUPPORTED RAM is DDR 400 and here is Why: Email solution ----------- The board will only support 4GB of RAM total. This is a misprint on the website. You can use upto 1GB sticks in each slot and it can be DDR 400. DDR 400 was not included in the original description of the board because DDR400 was not supported until the 2nd revision of the BIOS. As far as the latencies of the RAM is concerned, we test with 2.5. If you would like to go to 2.0, you will need to check with the memory manufacturer of your choice to make sure they have tested the 2.0 latency in this board. Thanks. So, RamGuy, Should I buy DDR 400 and go with CAS 2, or should I stick with DDR333? Your Help is appreciated as always.

Archived