Corsair Community

Memory for SunMicro LX50 Server

Pharo

Trying to find some memory for a Sun Microsystems LX50 server I picked up. System requires, and I'm Quoting from the manual... Only PC133-compliant SDRAM is supported by the server board. Install from 128 MB to 6 GB of registered ECC memory using up to six DIMMs. The Sun Cobalt LX50 server chassis requires low-profile (LP) 1.2-inch DIMMs. DIMMs must be installed in pairs (not side-by-side) and in the following order: 1A and 1B, 2A and 2B, 3A and 3B (see Figure 65). Each DIMM in a pair must be the same memory size and type. The server uses DIMMS with CL3 timing. It also mentions that this must be Registered memory. Can someone point in the right direction for a serial # of Corsair that might fit this bill? I'm looking at the CM766S512-133 but cant comfirm CL3 rating or height.

• Corsair Employee
Well I am sorry but there is more to it than just being registered memory! I would encourage you to use the modules that are suggested by the MB maker or the system builder! Or if you can get more detailed spec's our module CM766S512-133 would be based on By 4 memory IC's so if the chipset supports By 4 memory they should run in that MB!

Archived