Corsair Community

HELP! h80 block not lighting!

constepatdyak

My H80 fan controller block won't light up the profiles! When I turn the pc on, it lights up for half a second then it blacks out. I can't press anything to make it change profiles, and Speedfan and my mobo won't detect the RPM, but the fans are running. Did my connector short circuit or something? I think the fans are now spinning at 100%...it's really loud. Can anyone please help?

yes the temperatures are fine, getting around 27-32 degrees C idle. It's just that the dang fan controller led things won't light up

Shocking discovery. i've just found out that the left fan port on the cpu heatsink block is not working. the right one is OK, which is why only my right fan on the rad will spin. The fan on the left side of the rad won't spin at all.

I have tried disconnecting the 3 pin connector from the heatsink fan controller and plugged into CPU_fan 2, chassis_fan and any other random fan ports I can find. None of them work.

I am beginning to wonder if not only the led is broken, but the left side rad fan 3 pin cable isn't working either. i don't understand, why would it just randomly break? i didn't change anything.

Archived