Corsair Community

unhandled .NET exception in corsairlink.exe on startup

jimnh

Had everything running nicely yesterday; saved the profile, did a clean shutdown... On startup this am, every time I get the unhandled exception error...

Here is the exception info:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException was unhandled
 Message=Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
 Source=mscorlib
 ParamName=index
 StackTrace:
      at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
      at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
      at Overseer.PlugIns.GraphingPlugIn.TempGraphViewModel.OnTempDataConvertedHandler(Object sender, IndexDataEventArgs e)
      at Overseer.PlugIns.GraphingPlugIn.GraphingPlugIn.RaiseTempConverted(IndexDataEventArgs e)
      at Overseer.PlugIns.GraphingPlugIn.GraphingPlugIn.UpdateDataSeries(SeriesMapping dataSeries, Double value, Int32 index, String address, ChartMode mode, Boolean changeTempType)
      at Overseer.PlugIns.GraphingPlugIn.GraphingPlugIn.UpdateGraph()
      at Overseer.PlugIns.GraphingPlugIn.GraphingPlugIn.OnTimerTick(Object source, EventArgs e)
      at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(Object unused)
      at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
      at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
      at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
      at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
      at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
      at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
      at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
      at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
      at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
      at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
      at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
      at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
      at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
      at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
      at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
      at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
      at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
      at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
      at Overseer.Sierra.UI.App.Main()
 InnerException: 

I moved the bad xml profile out of the way and created a new profile. I then compared the two xml files; The problem are the entires in the DeviceList, I removed the Device Name lines and the profile now works again

Here is the offending section:

<PluginList>
   <Graphing>
     <DeviceList>
       <Device Name="AMD GPU Temp" Address="ATIGPU0" Type="TEMPSENSOR" Module="GPUModule" />
       <Device Name="AMD GPU Temp" Address="ATIGPU6" Type="TEMPSENSOR" Module="GPUModule" />
       <Device Name="H80 2:Fan 1" Address="55111" Type="FAN" Module="CommModule" />
       <Device Name="H80 2:Fan 2" Address="55121" Type="FAN" Module="CommModule" />
       <Device Name="H80 2:Pump" Address="55151" Type="FAN" Module="CommModule" />
     </DeviceList>
   </Graphing>

Well since it was running fine, and now is back to running fine after I fixed the xml, I'd guess the requirements to run Link were met, and are met; The issue is the xml file and the corsair link software...

And just to circle the wagons, I did check and I do have Microsoft .NET framework 4 Client Profile, 4 Extended and 4Multi-Targeting installed.

Archived