Corsair Community

Firmware update, Install OS, AHCI.... Secure wipe

Hey guys okayy so I need a lot of work to do but im not sure to how about doing it. So i need to install a new operating system because my windows 7 expired and i got a new one, so i want to completely secure wipe my SSD which is the corsair force 3 120gb, i also want to change my AHCI in my bios which i know how to do but i dont know between which step i need to do it? before re installation of windows or after? and i also have no idea how to flash and update my firmware....I read here http://communities.intel.com/thread/8906 and im at the step where im about to burn the zip folder to a thumb drive or should i use a CD rom or DVD r?. But where and when do i get the prompt for a firmware update? One more thing when am i supposed to update the firmware? in windows after new OS installation? or before? or right after i secure wipe it? i want the wipe 100% reformmated to default factory settings/performance.

thanks toasted. But ive burned the parted magic software to a cd rom and i tried up booting it from cd drive and its all good accept to the part where it loads and it gives you all the commands before the peguins show up and it sasy "loading system deviced..." then after that my screen goes completely black and i have to CNTRL-alt-delete it....I tried all the options 1-5 i think.. still not working.. Help please

Archived