Corsair Community

abit IP35 sata3 Sandforce problem

Hi All,

1st post, I have just been told by computer shop & got charged $44 for their time to tell me & they made mobo crash!

But besides that at the end they tell me the reason why the force 3 ssd won't install on the abit IP35 is because the sandforce controllers aren't good enough!

Could there be any truth to this?

It's only crashing at 70% of install, I have put the latest 1.3.3 firmware on SSD drive, I have secure erased it & all the other common problems have been tried!

ANY advice would be appreciated thanks Grant

EDIT: I'm running the latest version 18 BIOS & have AHCI enabled in sata mode, if AHCI not slected than it installs fine but obviously not hitting the mark!

hi

On your abit IP35, you got sata2 controller

So you won't get more speed then the sata2 can give you

Sata2 maximum speed is 280MB/s

If it don't worck in ACHI mode it seam to be a driver issue but abit don't give a lot a suport At this time no abit web sit is worcking.

No pcie 1x controller could run sata3 ssd at full speed

If u want to get full speed ove your sata3 ssd u ave to buy a pcie 8x controller or a intel serie 6 or 7 motherboard with sata3 Intel® Rapid Storage Technology

hope this help

Sincerly yours

Thank you so much!

It does help & was pretty sure, but wanted confirmation the abit was the reason why the force 3 crashes on install, not really the fact it won't work to it's full speed!

Do you or anyone think it would be the abit controller not working AHCI for sata3 & causing crash on install of windows 7?

Thanks again Grant

Archived