Corsair Community

P4C800-E deluxe rev2/ Twinx1024-3200XLPro = reboot

Huigie

I have the above mobo/mem. When bios is at default/auto/mem voltage @ 2.75V than my pc will reboot just before XP has loaded. I thought this was due to the chipset bug but I just saw a Corsair document that this combo should work. Any idea what coulkd be wrong? I tried several bios versions and tried voltage of 2.85.

• Corsair Employee
There should be no problem with these modules and this MB! I would try the system one module at a time to make sure it's not just one failing module! But if the system will not post with either module, that might suggest some other problem and I would see if you could test them in another system!

• 1 month later...
Installed the new 1018.001 beta firmware and was fooling around and set everything @ standard settings except mem-voltage and performance and pat. Mem @ 2.85V, turbo and pat on gave me a good score but got errors @ 85% in memtest. So I set pat on auto et voila, 4 clean runs in memtest. So I'm running the mem rockstable with turbo on @ 2.2.2.5 with a descent memscore. Finally some value for money... :roll:

• Corsair Employee
If the system is stable you are welcome to try any setting you like! However, if you are having trouble and you have the performance setting set to Turbo then yes you should set it too Auto or standard! Otherwise I am sorry I must have missed your question!

Archived