Corsair Community

Force 3 120 GB

-Is AHCI enabled in the BIOS?

-Have you tried the generic microsoft drivers instead of AMD's drivers?

AHCI?? Where is that? I looked for it but didn't find anything called AHCI. And I've not tried the generic microsoft drivers. Where should I look for both things??

If your motherboard doesn't support AHCI and it's not in the BIOS try to do the following go to Device Manager -> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and post a screenshot what you have there. Also open in device manager the Storage controllers. I had a freezing problem and by installing the generic microsoft drivers I was able to fix this problem. Maybe it also will fix your problem

If your motherboard doesn't support AHCI and it's not in the BIOS try to do the following go to Device Manager -> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and post a screenshot what you have there. Also open in device manager the Storage controllers. I had a freezing problem and by installing the generic microsoft drivers I was able to fix this problem. Maybe it also will fix your problem

Here is a screeenshot (I think)

1997389509_Utennavn-1.thumb.jpg.d59db0cc60ac7baae81335c7b03a7ce8.jpg

hi

You get a very old moderboard

Probably with sata1 controller with out ACHI mode

To update firmware u ave to sopport ACHI on sata

My advice, ask a friend if u now one with a pc supported ACHI

Or get to a pc store, but they may cahrge u

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

Ok, thnx

I'm at a site allready and ordering new cpu and motherboard. Maybe you can advice me to a affordable cpu and motherboard. I prefer Amd

Archived