Corsair Community

I can't assign a button directly to a keystroke?

bnajbert

OK so basically what i want to do is assign the letter M(keystroke) to a button. I see that I'm able to setup a macro to accomplish this but really why is this such a complicated task? It just seems overly complicated for such a simple task.

@Wired: Currently, you can only simulate a keyboard keystroke on the M90 macro buttons by recording a MACRO to the button which simply does not act the same way as an actual keyboard keystroke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpWchNn8qo

@ bnajbert: Yup; known issue and has been requested by many others including myself! Give Corsair some time though I'm sure they will address it.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=102765

This just seems like such a basic function on a mouse with 15 buttons, it seems like a no brainer to me.

What happens if I want to change the button configs mid-game..... "Oh sorry guys I just have to exit the game for 15 mins to make some changes...."

30 second M90 review: :soapbox:

Hardware Quality = A+

Ergonomics = A+

Documentation = D

Ease of Use = D

Software = C

Bottom line.. Great mouse but a terribly flawed implementation.

So i just finished trying to setup the keystrokes through Macros..... let me just say.... EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!

3/4 of my way through the process the left mouse button mysteriously becomes set to b repeatedly inserting the letter b non-stop. Needless to say the mouse is goin back.....

This just seems like such a basic function on a mouse with 15 buttons, it seems like a no brainer to me.

What happens if I want to change the button configs mid-game..... "Oh sorry guys I just have to exit the game for 15 mins to make some changes...."

There are up to 6 profiles you can store on the M90 and change on the fly you know...

I never even touched the LMB and it all of a sudden started being mapped as 'b' and was repeatedly pressing the macro....

Great hardware, terrible software.... I just don't have time to play around with beta software for $80.

But if you guys want to have me beta test in the future... give me a shout!

Archived