Corsair Community

H80 install problem - shutdown within 5 seconds

zeke009

I installed a new H80 and the system powers off after 5 seconds and there are no lights coupled with fans that don't spin when plugged into the CPU cooler.

1) So is the shutdown due to a bad contact on the cooler or the fans not spinning?

2) Is there anything I can do about the fans not spinning and no lights on the CPU block?

I would love to avoid an RMA, I have been without a PC for 2 weeks and I really need a BF3 fix!

Edit #1: If my grammar and spelling suck it's because I am using a tablet, sorry. Typing is a challenge with a stylus... I miss my keyboard.

Edit #2: here is a pic of the backside of the cpu block cover that popped off when connecting the fans.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/wp000129j.jpg/

That leaves the molex power connector to the H80. Check that the pins in the H80's molex connector are in place, they have a tendency to slip out of place if you're not careful connecting it to your PS. It sounds like you have no power to your H80.

That leaves the molex power connector to the H80. Check that the pins in the H80's molex connector are in place, they have a tendency to slip out of place if you're not careful connecting it to your PS. It sounds like you have no power to your H80.

They appear to be snug and I have verified the fans and molex connector from the PSU are working by using an adapter with a 3 pin connector for a fan.

When reseating the fan connectors to the block the cover came off the block!

Sounds like the H80's fan controller is broken. Have you tried pressing the button on the pump? Or pressing the button and holding it down for about five seconds?

If you can't get the fans running, you should return it to the retailer, or if that is not possible, create a RMA with Corsair.

Yes it works on that socket. Either it's malfunctioning or not seated properly.
I don't think I can screw it down any tighter.

I just ordered the adapters for my old Noctua NH-U12P SE for free at Noctua.at.

I am hopeful that I can get the H80 working though.

Archived