Corsair Community

Question about the Hydrocool

TKperson

I recently recived my Hydrocool 200 from newegg and was reading some of the reviews, it seems that when you power it on to get the liquid flowing for the first time, the CPU goes "un water-d" for about 10 seconds. I know that CPUs can heat up very quicklly theese days and was wondering if the time uintill the water gets there, if the heat could damage the CPU :confused: , its a normal 3.00ghz.

Yes you could. You will want to jump the green wire in the MB connector to any of the black wires on the connector and the power supply should turn on. This is a good way to double check for leaks before powering on the computer also. ;):

[quote name='JonKrmr']Yes you could. You will want to jump the green wire in the MB connector to any of the black wires on the connector and the power supply should turn on. This is a good way to double check for leaks before powering on the computer also. ;):[/QUOTE] NOTE the connection at MB is not hooked from ATX PS, just the end of connector with the latch side you jump green to black or use an old AT PS no jumping wires just push power botton(from486)

It takes less than 2 seconds to get full flow to the cold plate on a new start-up ... just don't under-fill the system. In the mean time, the mass of the copper block should take away the cpu heat at start-up. I understand the nature of your concern, but I think you'll be OK ... just keep the fluid level up. KK

Archived