Corsair Community

Quick question - SP2500 - audible hiss?

Garett55

Hi there,

I've sent a message to the RMA guys but not got a reply so thought I would make a first post on here.

Bought the SP2500 speakers last year, have noticed recently (though not sure if it was always there), a hiss from both satellite speakers regardless of volume setting or input - they hiss with no connected source, and the hiss increases greatly at the top end of volume but I can hear with volume right down / off as well. Have connected and reconnected wires to them, no difference, and tried other sources, the hiss doesn't change. Is this normal? My Sony hifi doesn't hiss at any volume setting - just wanted to know what you suggest, as my years guarantee will run out soon from supplier in UK. Basically the hiss starts when the unit is turned on from the pod, and in a quiet room sat at my PC it's noticable.

Otherwise great speakers!

Cheers chaps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi there,

I've sent a message to the RMA guys but not got a reply so thought I would make a first post on here.

Bought the SP2500 speakers last year, have noticed recently (though not sure if it was always there), a hiss from both satellite speakers regardless of volume setting or input - they hiss with no connected source, and the hiss increases greatly at the top end of volume but I can hear with volume right down / off as well. Have connected and reconnected wires to them, no difference, and tried other sources, the hiss doesn't change. Is this normal? My Sony hifi doesn't hiss at any volume setting - just wanted to know what you suggest, as my years guarantee will run out soon from supplier in UK. Basically the hiss starts when the unit is turned on from the pod, and in a quiet room sat at my PC it's noticable.

Otherwise great speakers!

Cheers chaps.

I have the same problem, all same!

I dont send message to RMA yet, Should i do?

Kind regards

I believe that's the one of few cons that sp 2500 has!!

my set has the same problem so I was looking for the solution and I found out that

audible hiss is cuased by dsp built in the speaker system!!

so I don't think you can do much with that unfortunately :(

even a professional reviewer at techage mentioned that audible hiss and port noise with

very heavy bassy songs at high volume as cons of this speaker system!

other than these problems its great!

all of my speaker systems have had this... its audible at low volumes with no music playing, or when i remove the jack from the PC's sound card. The jack can be plugged in or unplugged and as i turn up the volume, it gets louder..

what im about to suggest my sound ludicrous, but trust me! Corsair will probably rage at me for this as well but here goes:

Go to the shop, or an online retailer such as scan, spend about £25 on either a high quality 3.5mm jack cable or the cable with left and right channel to 3.5mm jack (forgot the name of the cable.. think its Auxillary stereo?) and try that.. if it doesnt remedy the problem, this is where i start getting crazy like i said...

get some brasso (YES! BRASSO!) and REALLY polish up each end of the cable.. and i mean polish like youve never polished anything before! and try... i went the whole hog and this is what i'd recommend to ANYONE!

take the subwoofer apart (so you can get to the amplifier) and polish up the ends of the fuses and other internal connectors... believe it or not... the sound quality before and after in unbelievable!

im now expecting hate mail from Corsair for even thinking about telling you to dismantle one of thier products xD

But definately, a high quality audio cable is advised. I bought one that was £35 per meter and i got 1.5M of it.. you ALSO have to try the cable both ways (switch the cable round to try each connector in both PC and Amplifier) as the cables direction can also affect stuff....

sorry for my essay, but hopefully you sort your problem. :)

Archived