Corsair Community

Switching between headphones and speakers.

Bad_Jack

Hello everyone. Just started using my Vengeance 1500's and I love them. Right now the only way I can see to switch between the headphones and the speakers is to change the default device in the "playback devices" control panel. I used a friends Logitech 935 and that feature is built into the headphones software control panel but I don't see it in the Corsair software. Am I missing it or is it really not there?

If that feature isn't in the software I would certainly like to request it. I find it particularly inelegant to have to change the default device from the windows system tray. I only use the phones when gaming. The rest of the time I prefer to listen with my Soundworks 2.1 system. Going in and out the control panel or plugging in the phones and waiting for the drivers to load is no fun.

I'm really hoping that I'm just too stupid to find the button. Thanks guys.

That is a windows setting and can be changed by right clocking on the Audio Icon in the system tray but I will forward your suggestion to add it in the Corsair control panel.

Well, it is what it is I guess. But it is possible and useful to do the switching from within the headphone control panel. I hope Corsair will give it serious consideration.

In any case, thanks RamGuy, for the quick response.

• 2 weeks later...
NP and I have forwarded your suggestion which I am sure will be considered on the next release of software.

Cant promise anything but it seems like a reasonable request to me!

Can I get that fwd too? I just picked up the 1500 today and just finished my first bf3 match....WOW!! Coming from Ultimate ears 350 buds since my logitech z5500 is in storage (rent a room) I am TOTALLY impressed. I almost think these are as good or better than an actual 5.1 minus the experience of the bass hitting your whole body.

Anyways Can you guys consider getting all the corsair software to be bundled into one suite/icon so I dont have more than one in my taskbar? I use the m60 and now 1500 so would be cool to click one icon and be able to just select a tab.

• 4 months later...

I've just got my set of Vengeance 2000 this week and this is a problem for me cause this is a family PC, and young kids and wife don't know how to switch between headphones and speakers. So I'm getting called to do this to often, and yes I know that eventually they may learn, if they acutally want to.

In a place where the world is turning to Tablets cause of there ease of use and UI, yet the PC world (designers, developers) keep trying to keep average joe user from using their product in the most enjoyable ways.

If companies want to compete with the likes of Apple, then they need to learn and take a page from their books.

I can't see how this feature would have been missed for so long?

• 2 years later...

I have a pair of speakers for 2.1 sound which would normally just *pop* on when I took my headphones from the jack. Now they stay silent when I turn off the headphones.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it really the intention of Corsair to have me go to the controlpanel to switch between headphones and speakers? (???????????????!!!!!!)

Like REALLY - REALLY?!

Kind regards, me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived