Corsair Community

K90 Driver Problems. Like Many Others...

xelAppaR

I purchased my M90 and K90 around mid December... I installed the drivers when I got it.. Both the K90 and M90 worked fantastic.. This past friday I saw there were newer drivers on the website.. I downloaded them to replace my old drivers. and now my keyboard doesn't work properly.. its basically just a standard keyboard.. no macros no led's no multimedia keys. when I go to update the firmware with the update program.. it says could not find keyboard or whatever... my keyboard does not have a rubber grommet where the wires come out of the keyboard.. I would like to avoid RMAing my keyboard since this is my only keyboard and I use my computer daily.. I would like to get my hands on a copy of the old firmware if someone has it to hopefully solve the problem.. if it doesn't then I guess I can RMA it... why is the new firmware destroying keyboards?

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your device. Does your keyboard still function?

My keyboard only works as a standard keyboard. Seriously been asking for days for the old driver versions... Nobody has helped me out with them... I have the crap new drivers and they destroyed my keyboard.. Thank you very much corsair for making me waste 200 bucks on a keyboard and mouse that only work only as a standard 10 dollar keyboard and mouse.. THANK YOU SO ****ING MUCH!!!!!!! you people keep telling me the same thing.. disable the usb **** do this do that... I have been messing with my drivers for the past 4 days and you guys have yet to help me.. you guys keep telling me to try doing the same damn thing that doesnt work. All I am effing asking for is the old driver's not these crummy new ones.. The new mouse drivers dont even fix you damn mouse since launch... other than my snipe button mouse 4 and 5 dpi scroll and my left and right click.. the rest of the buttons still DO NOT WORK! so that's the same and actually a little worse than the first firmware drivers.. ANYWAYS THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR MAKING ME WASTE MY MONEY AND NOW TIME AND MORE MONEY AND EXTRA TIME AND MORE AND MORE ****ING TIME RMAING IT... please realize this is my only damn keyboard and the reason why I spent so much ****ing money on it in the first place was because I was not planning on your damn drivers to bust my ****ing keyboard.. YES IM VERY MAD because its been 4 days on these fourms and nobody has helped me solve my problem.. all they keep saying is disable your usb crap in ur power options which does absolutely nothing for me... I dont want to RMA my keyboard cuz its my only damn keyboard so I am not trying to be out of using my comp for like 1-2 months while I wait for a god damn replacement keyboard... so looks like im stuck with this paper weight of a keyboard till. i can afford a different keyboard. thanks for jacking my money corsair.. much appreciated... PRICKS

I had the same problem. It's not the driver, it's the firmware. Disabling the USB selective suspend setting and then running the firmware update again worked for me.

Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > USB Settings > USB selective suspend setting > Disabled

Then run the firmware update again. Everything on my keyboard works again after that.

Coming to the forums swearing and ranting when no one can actually tell if you did what was suggested isn't going to get you any help or sympathy.

For reference, I'm sure my keyboard is one of the first. I had it preordered on Amazon for ages. So it isn't like it is something that is fixed by a later model of the keyboard.

I dont care if it was the driver or the firmware.. the driver I downloaded originally worked perfectly fine.. this new crap doesnt.. I have followed the instructions everyone keep spamming over and over... and it doesn't work for me... that's why I said i want the old ****ing drivers cuz the older drivers dont require a stupid firmware update to fix it.. and the old drivers worked fine for me before... The only reason I downloaded the new drivers is because. i figured the new ones would fix the extra buttons on my M90 mouse.. which it doesnt.. so now I am stuck with a mouse with 8/15 buttons working... and a mech keyboard that has no lights multimedia buttons or macros.

OH I KNOW I SHOULD DOWNLOAD THE NEW DRIVERS AND FIRMWARE UPDATER INSTALL THE DRIVERS CHANGE MY USB SETTINGS AND THEN INSTALL THE FIRMWARE...

OH WAIT LET ME INSTALL THE DRIVERS CHANGE MY USB SETTINGS AND INSTALL THE FIRMWARE

WAIT A SEC... LET ME INSTALL THE DRIVERS CHANGE MY USB SETTINGS AND INSTALL THE FIRMWARE

ONE SEC LET ME TRY THAT AGAIN.... INSTALL THE DAMN DRIVERS CHANGE MY USB SETTINGS IN POWER OPTIONS AND THEN TRY INSTALLING THE FIRMWARE

IF THAT DOESNT WORK TRY INSTALLING THE DRIVER. CHANGE YOUR USB SETTINGS TO DISABLED IN POWER OPTIONS THEN INSTALL THE FIRMWARE...

THANK YOU GUYS FOR TELL ME TO DO THE SAME CRAP OVER AND OVER...

I had the same problem. It's not the driver, it's the firmware. Disabling the USB selective suspend setting and then running the firmware update again worked for me.

Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > USB Settings > USB selective suspend setting > Disabled

Then run the firmware update again. Everything on my keyboard works again after that.

Coming to the forums swearing and ranting when no one can actually tell if you did what was suggested isn't going to get you any help or sympathy.

For reference, I'm sure my keyboard is one of the first. I had it preordered on Amazon for ages. So it isn't like it is something that is fixed by a later model of the keyboard.

I'm not looking for sympathy... I'm looking for the original drivers. or for someone to tell me how to fix my firmware without telling me to do the same thing over and over.. which is what you have just done.. i dont think you fully read my post. and for that I pitty you.

They keep recommending it because it is working for everyone else. Your screaming, shouting, swearing, and not even calling it the correct thing very easily leads people to believe you haven't actually done that and just feel like throwing a tantrum on the forums. Especially when you've been told what the problem is and keep asking for something completely unrelated (old driver) that wouldn't do anything for you. At beast you'd want the old firmware, but I'm pretty sure if the USB thing isn't disabled you wouldn't successfully be able to install that firmware either.

If it really isn't working and you really have disabled USB selective suspend you'd be far more likely to get help from the Corsair guys by posting useful information, like what kind of hardware is in your computer, what windows you have, if everything else on your computer is up to date, if you have any other peripheral drivers installed, etc.

YOU BROKE ITS ALL YOUR FAULT I CANT BELIEVE IT OH MY GOD

That doesn't get you anywhere.

• Corsair Employees

From feedback i'm reading and seeing this is a viable solution:

Now if your keyboard is still not working it sounds like the product is defective and will need to be RMA.

Hi,

I bought mine on 03-March-2012.

I got similar problem as yours, and I think I know sort of what is going on. Maybe it is the same problem I don't know, you might as well give it a try.

When I plugged it in windows failed to install the driver (Windows 7 64 bit), windows said the driver is not signed.. When I tried to update the firmware with the newest one I got from Corsair site therefore my keyboard is not found. I can still use the keyboard but the macro buttons and media buttons do not work, led indicator for nums lock and caps lock not responding.

So the problem basically was windows preventing running a device that have driver that is not signed.

So during bootup press F8, select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement".

Windows then are able to install the driver properly, so the macro and media buttons are now working and when I tried to update the firmware it detected my keyboard fine and the process completed successfully.

There is still a problem however; if I shutdown my computer and bootup without going through F8 and selecting "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement", then the media button and macro will again become not available.

So now I just hibernate my computer instead of shutting it down.

So Corsair please have your driver signed.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

• 7 months later...

Thank you, I had the exact same problem and this worked great for me.

:sunglasse

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. My keyboard works only as a normal keyboard, but all the macro keys and MR button are not working.

I cannot make any firmware update. I tried 4 software versions. I also changed my keyboard with another and its the same thing.

When I cannot install the drivers from "c:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\K90 Keyboard\Driver\X64\.." (with windows 7 or with diunins64.exe)

I think that I am going to return the second keyboard for a full refund and get a razer blackwidow

deedee2003,

What does the firmware updater say?

What do you mean you cannot install the drivers?

It said that cannot detect the keyboard.

When I installed the driver I got an error that it cannot copy the catalog file.

Last night I decided to try a last option, I have installed the Windows 7 again. Instead of ultimate I installed enterprise and the first driver I installed was for the keyboard and it worked.

I have installed the beta version and also did a firmware update with no problems. I am very happy that I don't have to return my keyboard.

• 1 month later...
I got my K90 yesterday and I have tried and tried. And the media keys simply will not work while in most games. Works fine outside the games and work while in maybe 6 games I have on steam. I tried the usb thing and re installing it, i have tried using winamp, I have installed and un installed drivers and sw and fw every which away and nothing. I am unmable to find the beta drivers for the k90 so I have been unable to try that yet.

• Corsair Employees
I got my K90 yesterday and I have tried and tried. And the media keys simply will not work while in most games. Works fine outside the games and work while in maybe 6 games I have on steam. I tried the usb thing and re installing it, i have tried using winamp, I have installed and un installed drivers and sw and fw every which away and nothing. I am unmable to find the beta drivers for the k90 so I have been unable to try that yet.

Try this: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=113001

Archived