Corsair Community

GA-8IK100 +3200 XMS Dual Pipeline question

Dwkeller

I have 2 sticks of XMS 3200 400mhz ddr ram. It seems now after almost a year I think, the two sticks dont want to seem to run on dual pipeline. I Memtest86ed the 2 sticks separetly, in diffrent slots, diffrent configurations, and I cannot get them to past when run dual. They both work in single mode though. I ran about 5 passes per configuration. It always passed when not in dual mode, and would SOMETIME pass in dual mode. I even tried diffrent dual slots <I have 6> on the system board. Any ideas? They would fail on test 5 on the 480 meg and 950 meg mark on both of them usually. I hosted a Ravenshield server, it slowed down to a crawl, popped a stick out, and no problem. Thanks for the help! :biggrin:

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure the modules are exactly the same both in part# and revision. If they are then the suggested settings would be Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and I would set the dim voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. However, if they are matched and both modules run one up and or both installed but in single channel, that suggests some other problem, most likely the MB!

Archived