Corsair Community

Conflict between the A8V ASUS Motherboard and Corsair XMS

Biff Hardbody

Hi All, I'm planning on getting the ASUS "A8V Deluxe Wi-Fi" socket 939 motherboard. For ram, I wanted the Corsair XMS Extreme Memory TWINX1024-3200C2. However, I have heard of possible conflicts with these two. Now, Corsair recommends this ram for that motherboard on its own site. So, I am a bit confused. Can anyone help me sort this out?

• Corsair Employee
These modules should not be a problem with this MB! Just make sure that you get the correct modules! Some that are having trouble got our registered modules which are not compatible with this MB is the only problem I have heard about other than maybe some with a bad module or CPU! But I would suggest Twinx1024-3200LL or Twinx1024-3200XL for best performance!

I just put a system together using the A8V-Deluxe and 3200C2.....no problems......however, the memory will not run as fast as the XMS XL.....the tRCD needs to be at 3.......or just leave the Memory Config settings on [AUTO] in the bios. I suggest flashing to bios 1006...as bios 1003 was difficult to "tweak"......but again....if you insist on C2 memory....it will work.

Archived