Corsair Community

Corsair Unlocked and Overclocked Barebones Ki

I purchased this kit on Amazon, which is made by Corsair. "Corsair Unlocked and Overclocked Intel Core i7-2600K 4.6 GHz Overclocked Barebones Kit with Free Corsair HS1A Headset P8P67D-2600K-OCKIT"

I have called Corsair in the past and it seemed like they had never heard of it. I'm having problems with it now and I need tech support. Can anyone at Corsair confirm that you sell this product and help with tech support?

I'll be working on it and suddenly it will go black and say "Please insert boot device and press any key to continue". This isn't just when I boot up, this happens totally randomly while I'm working. Here is a link to the product on Amazon...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055NAC82/ref=oh_o06_s01_i00_details

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out here, I'm really stuck. I'm pretty technical, I built the PC myself but I'm stuck.

The parts are Corsair, and they support those, but I have no idea who is bundling the barebones. Left Ram Guy a voicemail to see if he's ever heard of it. If it was a Corsair bundle I'd assume they would have put up a press release for something like that.

Sounds like it's either the motherboard, SATA cable, and/or storage device, none of which are Corsair products.

BTW, that link shows Vengeance memory in the picture, but not in the specs (albeit it does list it in the product description). Did it come with memory?

Thanks for the reply. Amazon lists the product as being a Corsair bundle but it was sold by Amazon, so who knows? Regarding the RAM...it came with this "Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit" and then I added an additional 8gb of "Corsair Vengeance Blu 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3"

Here is something weird but not sure if it is related. My PC is set to never go to "sleep" but I do have it turn the displays off after an hour of no activity. I noticed that it seems to happen most often after its been idle for awhile. So, I just had it turn of the displays after 1 minute to test it and when I clicked the keyboard it turned the displays back on like normal but then everything froze for a new minutes before it went to that black screen about selecting a boot device again.

Yesterday it said something weird about overclocking not working when it was booting up but that only happened once.

Do you suggest I open it up and check all of the connections or something? I did a check to make sure the hard drive was good to go and it came back with no errors.

I appreciate your help. BTW, it just turned off the monitors and came back up with no problems.

While it is listed as Corsair, that is simply due to it being mostly Corsair hardware (case, CPU cooler, memory, PSU).

Try using a different SATA port on your motherboard, and if that doesn't work, try a different storage device for your Windows install (if you have one). If you don't or that doesn't work, try running memtest/swapping memory slots for your DIMMs.

Take out the 2nd ram kit you installed. The 50 bsod is ram related. Your cpu and board may want more vtt to keep 4 slots stable with that overclock on the cpu. Taking out the 2nd kit will be a quick way to go about testing if this is the problem. Here a link to help you troubleshoot.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?266589-The-OverClockers-BSOD-code-list

I'm wondering why it would have just now started acting up 6 months later? Also, what is vtt? It has been running like this since July, the only previous time I had problems was when I installed Google Chrome, started getting BSOD every day...after I removed it I was good to go. Tested it a few times like that and it was definitely Chrome that was causing it.

I just opened the PC, switched around the sata cables and moved the RAM into different slots (I know that probably means nothing). Also, I got this BSOD decoder software and it says the most recent BSOD was caused by hal.dll. I'm curious to see how it runs now that I messed with the cables.

I'm more curious to know what you think I should do about the RAM, should I only be able to use 8? That doesn't seem right.

I really appreciate your help!

925388180_BSODTool.thumb.JPG.9fe79ed39f3bc217490de5bfa01c26e0.JPG

No, you will be fine to run all the ram. It just may takes some more tweaking to get the ram stable along with your cpu overclock. I just said take out the 2nd kit so ud know if it was the ram you should be focusing on. And putting ram in different slots can make a different. I used 12gb 6x2gb in my x58 build with 2 seperate 3x2gb kits. With 1 kit on 1 3 5 and other kit in 2 4 6 it would not boot. But when I swapped the kits totally stable. Another user in the forum solved his issue after me saying this to. He was reluctant, but it worked lol. Seams your bsod's relate to ram, after I looked into it further.

Id run 20 runs or so of linx on max ram and see if it passes. Use realtemp to watch temp and shows how much your cpu is being used. For some reason I have to reinstall linx everytime I run it and launch it from the end of the install otherwise it doesnt work properly (looks like its working but cpu usage never goes up). I suppose running memtest wouldnt hurt either it should pinpoint your problem pretty quick.

Archived