Corsair Community

ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe won't post.

MacksDaddy25005

I have a Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, with Corsair TWINX1024-3200XLPT memory and P4 3.2E CPU. When I initially start it, all I get is "system failure due to CPU overclocking" error. I've sent the motherboard back and as far as I can tell, all they did was flash the bios. I still get the same error. Their tech support questions the compatability of the memory, but from what I see on this forum and on the corsair website, my memory should be ok. I had the memory tested down at my local shop and it was ok. I've used a power supply from a working system to test. Does the Ramguy or anyone else have any suggestions. :mad:

Yep. It's happening to me too. Try using some older memory to see if the DIMM slots are the problem. Mine only boot in 3 or 4 I found out, but I got advise to run memtest86 to check the memory for errors on a single stick in slot 3 so I'll see if that helps any. Otherwise it looks like I'm gonna have to test memory 'til I find one that works in Dual Channel mode..... :(: Best of luck to you.

• Corsair Employee
Please try and reset the bios and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS32700XL Cass 2-2-2-5 for example and then test the module again with wwww.memtest86.com one at a time! If you get errors with one module, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if they both get errors or no errors I would maybe try the memory and other components in another system to see if it might be something wrong with your CMU, MB or PSU!

Archived