Corsair Community

Please don't tell me my new HX750 is DOA

seruch

Just rec'd a new HX750.

Wanted to check the fan noise, and do a quick check, so:

• Paper clip in the green and adjacent black of the 24 pin.
  • Plugged in a known good fan to a Molex run
  • Plugged in the PSU, flipped the swith, nothing. No clicking, no burning smell, no attempt at movement from the fan.:sigh!::confused:

Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks,

Steve

I did plug in one fan to a molex, per my second bullet. Didn't know that I may have needed more.

I do have about 50 fans stacked up in various sizes, CFM, dBa, etc.:o:

That would be nice if that is all. Don't want to go thru the RMA hoops and add that delay.

Is it really possible that I need to connect more to give it enough load?

s

Well, I think she's toast. Tried tonight, with three fans and an old ATA HDD connected for load, and it sits dead and dumb as a door knob when I plug it in and flip the magical switch.

Unless there is something unique about doing a functionality test not covered here, she's DOA, and I'm gonna be out the $16 return shipping to Calif.

Not the Corsair QA that we've come to love. :soapbox:Any other ideas appreciated, or she's off in a box tomorrow.

s

I believe I only tried the one adjacent, closer to the center snap catch, pin 15, or maybe pin 13 (I remember going adjacent to one side). Moot now, as it is already halfway back to the egg.

By the way, if it worked with a different ground, would it still be suspect for something not being right?

Thanks,

s

Archived