Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 1500 Sound Problem

Solidito

Bought the Corsair Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1 USB Gaming Headset yesterday. Downloaded the drivers etc from the corsair site. I keep getting a 'cracking/fuzzy' noise everynow and then, happened a few times yesterday while i was listening to stuff on youtube. Happened a few times today during games, lasts 30-60 seconds then goes back to normal.

I googled it but no one seemed to have any answers, i've changed my sound to 24 bit, 96000 Hz which was suggested somewhere, didn't help.

I'm really not sure what to do, could anyone help please? Thanks!

Edit - just this moment i opened a youtube video and it happened again, so it's out of games too. Problem hasn't stopped 5 mins since it started, so it's longer than 30 seconds this time..When it happens i usually minamize and open the game a few times and it fixes it, but i can't do that this time as i'm not in a game.

i5 2500k 4.6Ghz

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD39

8GB Corsair 1600Mhz

GTX 570

Windows 7 64 Bit

A friend asked if i had it in the USB 3 slot and said that might cause a few problems. It was in my usb 3 slot so i've moved it to the usb2, now i have to play the waiting game and see if it works. Worst part about this problem is it happens randomly, could be hours before it happens again :(

• 10 months later...
After connecting the headset to a usb 3.0 port, I quickly had a lot of problems with persistent crackling sound and digital noise while using spotify or even when testing the "speakers". After trying the fix with disabling hardware acceleration, and reinstalling drivers, rebooting etc, I just swapped ports to what I assume is usb 2.0 and after a short automatic installation/recognition the sound was flawless. No problems here anymore

I have just started using these headsets; I had the same problem with static/distorted sound about every 30 seconds, and it would last about 5 seconds.

I had connected it to a USB 3 port; I moved it to an USB2 port, everything is fine. So problem solved.

• 1 year later...

Hey!

You need to set 0 and mute in your playback devices line and microphone (open sound control->press properties on your corsairs->playback->levels->and there you can mute them).

This should disable the cracking/fuzzy noises. ;)

• 6 months later...
Hi, i have same problem, i turned 0 mic and mute line and mic but still listen (lower this time ) a noise. When i mute the sound, stop it. This is my second 1500 ( now is v2 ) and i remember the last time noise is very lower than this.

Archived