Corsair Community

H100 fan controler being odd

asharam

I just got this h100 about a week ago with a whole new system build. I can click the button on the control from 1 bar to 3 bars(full) and i can not tell any noise difference in speed. Also the 4th fan connector does not power the fan at all, but 1-3 all seem to at least spin the fans, they just do not change the fan speed when u click the button. I plugged the fans into the mb and they both spun up to what seemed like full speed as they were pretty loud. Also at startup the fans spin up to seemingly full speed, but then spin down and no matter what speed you have the fan controller set to they never go up again at all.

I tried the resetting the firmware with the hold down the button for 5 seconds wait turn off the comp hold it down 5 seconds again, didn't help. Also the light on the unit are on, it just seems to not do anything. Also, this is NOT lot code 11359403.

I'm actually quite dissapointed honestly, i just spent 1500 bucks on a total new set of parts, and everything worked fine except the 2 corsair products i bought. I have already sent my ram off for rma, guess i'm going to be doing the same for this cooler also : (

If anyone has any ideas as to something i could check or do differently to fix the problem please let me know.

Lastly, if i rma this unit and call in, is it possible to get a unit sent to me before i send this one off, seeing as how i'm going to be out 40-50 dollars just sending this stuff back to corsair.

Sorry if i sound upset, it's just poops on your parade when you buy 1500 dollars worth of computer parts, put it together, and stuff doesn't work : (

the fans won't change in speed regardless of what setting is used until the temps are raised on the cpu, run prime or intelburntest and it should ramp up the fan speeds pretty quickly, if not I'd RMA it, I'd actually RMA anyway just for the fact of the fan header being fried. I have 4 corsair fans plugged into the block and 1 certain header on medium and high settings causes whichever fan is plugged into that header to chrip so loud its unbearable. I've also noticed then when my fans ramp up they are all running at totally different speeds. Def not the build quality the h50 and h70 have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
The rpm on those fans will not change instantaneously, it'll vary on your coolant's temp so Aftershock is correct, put your system under stress and change profile and see if you can tell the difference between all 3 modes. If not, then I would submit an RMA for the unit.

Archived