Corsair Community

Lines all over the screen, System freezes

Logiven

why is this happening? It only happens when I play games for a while, the temps were CPU 57ºC and 30ºC for the board... the system freezes as shown in the pic and a buzz sound coming out the speakers

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9977/image0272.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality

everything is set to stock, except I disabled turbo boost

I have 4 ram low profile for a total of 16GB, and I believe the problem are the RAMs even after doing a memtest, i believe they are overheating but i have no way to verify this, after removing 2 sticks the system seems to be stable, but i'm not sure

how can it be the graphics? if the graphic is integrated into the CPU, intel hd 3000 and a asus p8z68-v ? also i had to RMA my PSU corsair also, because it was failing, could this be the cause? i'll have to wait to tests the rams till i get a new PSU

• 2 weeks later...

So i finally found someone with my issue, I still haven't done a memtest neither I have played games in a while because I still don't have my replacement PSU.

but he states that was a faulty ram even when all memtest have passed

Look the video, it's exactly the same thing that happened to me.

Sadly I can't do RMA with amazon for the ram, 30 days already gone, and you say you don't deliver to PO Boxes, so i'm screwed right? lol

• Corsair Employees

If you are not getting errors in memtest I doubt it is failing memory but more then likely just a setting or some other issue. But we can try and replace the modules that is no problem, please use the link on the left and request an RMA.

But I would strongly suggest getting the latest MB BIOS then with just one module installed load setup default and enable XMP and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure.

Archived