Corsair Community

sound and playback device properties issue - windows 7

roman4o

Hi !

I would like to get support if possible for the following problem:

I am using on my PC Logitech 5.1 speaker system and Vengeance 1500 at the same time. The devices are configured at playback properties in Windows 7 respectively as 5.1 and 7.1 .It is very comfortable for me , because I only have to change the preferred device to default and..done. The problem (very annoying) is that every time i change the 5.1 speakers as default, their configuration changes from itself to 7.1... The only solution is to change V1500 config to 5.1 and then the speakers config stays to 5.1 as well. Is there any way both configurations not to be dependable one from another, so I can use only "set default" button and nothing else ? I hope I have explained my problem in understandable way :) Thanks in advance !

I have noticed something else that confuses me. When the V 1500 is set in Windows to 7.1 and in Corsair control panel to Dolby Headphone mode, the Dlby Prologic caption underneath is off (no light). When windows config is set to 5.1 - the caption Dolby Prologic is on. How should I understand that fact ?

Archived