Corsair Community

Asus P5GDC-V Deluxe Mobo Compat.

Spikedog

Will the following memory work in the ASUS P5GDC-V Deluxe motherboard? Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail Model# TWINX1024-3200C2 Item # N82E16820145449 Specifications: Manufacturer: Corsair Speed: DDR400(PC3200) Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM Error Checking: Non-ECC Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered Cas Latency: 2-3-3-6 T1 Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s Organization: two 64M x 64 -Bit Special Features: With Black Heat Spreader Warranty: Lifetime I asked this question to Asus who responded with: [7/30/2004 6:27:00 AM - nick23] Dear Sir/Madam, This system will take DDR2 memory. Please check with the memory maker to see if the module you are using has been tested or certified with the chipset on your motherboard. Please ask the memory manufacturer the following questions: Have you done any certification testing with this memory module and our MB (motherboard) or any MB using the same chipset at the density you are trying to use (ex. 3*512MB DIMMS totaling 1.5GB of memory)? If the answer is no and they just build to a certain specification/standard, then who's specification/standard do they use and how do they validate their design? If they just build the memory and do not validate it how do they know it will perform? Unfortunately, we cannot validate every manufacturer's memory as there are thousands of module manufactures. We have to rely on them to validate their memory with our boards. To find out if this memory is compatible, please contact the modules manufacturer to see if they have approved this memory with the board you have or are considering. When we design our MB we follow the chipset makers specifications with regards to memory. We do validate the memory IC maker's reference designs with our MB to make sure they are up to spec. and to see if we need to add support for Higher density ICs. Most memory module makers do not follow the IC maker's reference designs so they may use any IC's on their memory module. There is nothing wrong with this, but if they deviate from the IC makers reference designs, or even if they use the IC makers reference, they should do some level of validation to insure quality. We are one of the largest MB makers so one would think that if you were making a product, you would test your product with the most popular associated products. Here is a list of memory manufacturers that use our motherboards, as well as others, to do this type of testing, and also will post a guarantee that their memory will work in our motherboards, as well as others. Please check the following websites for compatibility: [url]www.corsairmicro.com[/url] [url]www.unigen.com[/url] [url]www.smartm.com[/url] [url]www.mushkin.com[/url] If you start getting a multitude of errors, please try testing one memory module at a time to determine which module is defective/incompatible. If you are only using one memory module, please try a different DIMM slot AND a different memory module to see if the problem is with the memory or the slot itself. Please do not respond to this email. If you need further assistance, please have your case number ready if you have one, then contact Technical Support at 502-995-0883 (M-F 8:30 AM - 12:00 AM EST). Here is the specifications for the motherboard: CPU - LGA775 socket for Intel(r) Pentium 4/Celeron CPU - Compatible with Intel(r) 04B and 04A processors - Intel(r)Hyper-Threading Technology ready Chipset Intel(r) 915G Intel(r) ICH6R Front Side Bus 800 / 533 MHz Memory - Dual channel memory architecture - 2 x 240-pin DIMM sockets support max. 2GB DDR2 533/400 non-ECC memory - 4 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 4GB DDR 400/333 non-ECC memory (Note: DDR and DDR2 memory can not be used simultaneously) Graphics Intel(r) Graphics Media Accelerator 900 Expansion Slots 1 x PCI Express X16 slot for discrete graphics card 2 x PCI Express X1 3 x PCI Storage Intel(r) ICH6R South Bridge: - 1 x UltraDMA 100/66/33 - 4 x Serial ATA with IntelR Matrix Storage Technology with RAID 0, 1 support ITE(r) IDE RAID controller: - 2 x UltraDMA 133/100/66 with JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 0+1 support LAN Marvell(r) 88E8053 PCIe Gigabit LAN Controller, features AI NET2 Audio C-Media High Definition Audio 8-channel CODEC Coaxial, Optical S/PDIF out on back I/O port Features Dolby(r) Digital Live technology IEEE 1394 TI 1394 controller supports 2 x 1394 ports USB Max. 8 USB 2.0 ports ASUS AI Proactive Features AI NOS(tm) (Non-delay Overclocking System) AI NET2 network diagnosis before entering OS Stack Cool(tm) patented fanless cooling system Overclocking Features AI NOS(tm) (Non-delay Overclocking System) AI Overclocking (intelligent CPU frequency tuner) CPU, Memory, and PCIe x16 voltage adjustable SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection) from 100MHz up to 400MHz at 1MHz increment Adjustable FSB/DDR ratio. Fixed PCI/PCIe frequencies. ASUS AI Booster utility ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall) Other ASUS Special Features CrashFree BIOS 2 Q-Fan2 Multi-language BIOS MyLogo BIOS 4 Mb Flash ROM,AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.3 Back Panel I/O Ports 1 x VGA out 1 x Parallel 1 x Optical + 1 x Coaxial S/PDIF Output 1 x PS/2 Keyboard 1 x PS/2 Mouse 1 x RJ45 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 1 x IEEE1394 8-Channel Audio I/O Internal I/O Connectors 2 x USB 2.0 connectors supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports 1 x IEEE1394 connector 1 x COM connector 1 x GAME/MIDI connector CPU / Chassis / Power Fan connectors Front panel High Definition Audio connector Chassis Intrusion connector CD audio-in connector 24-pin ATX Power connector 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector Support CD Drivers ASUS PC Probe ASUS LiveUpdate Utility Anti-virus software (OEM version) Accessories InterVideo(r) WinDVD Suite (OEM version) 1 x IEEE1394 ports 4 x Serial ATA cables 2 x 2-port SATA power cable 1 x 2-port USB2.0 / Game module 1 x COM Port module 2 x UltraDMA 133/100/66 cable 1 x IDE cable 1 x FDD cable 1 x I/O Shield User's manual Form Factor ATX Form Factor, 12" x 9.6"(30.5cm x 24.5cm

[quote name='Spikedog']Will the following memory work in the ASUS P5GDC-V Deluxe motherboard? Model# TWINX1024-3200C2 Speed: [COLOR=Red][B]DDR400(PC3200)[/B][/COLOR] Type: [COLOR=Red][B]184 Pin DDR SDRAM[/B][/COLOR] Error Checking: [COLOR=Red][B]Non-ECC[/B][/COLOR] Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered Here is the specifications for the motherboard: Front Side Bus - 800 / 533 MHz Memory - Dual channel memory architecture - 2 x 240-pin DIMM sockets support max. 2GB DDR2 533/400 non-ECC memory [COLOR=Red][B]- 4 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 4GB DDR 400/333 non-ECC memory (Note: DDR and DDR2 memory can not be used simultaneously)[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE] You answered your own question! To rephrase, yes, they should work just fine.

Thank you for the reply. I am assembling two computers for the first time. The more I started looking into the memory the more I started seeing recommended memory modules on the mobo web pages. This board is one of the new Hybrid socket 775 boards that accepts DDR1 and DDR2, so I was not sure if the memory would give me problems. They do not have a lot of reviews on memory for the board because it is so new. Any advise on tweeking memory, or where to go to learn more about it?

Archived