Corsair Community

[Test] Corsair H80 With Noctua NF-F12 PWM

Satx

Hi all ;

I just tested my Corsair H80 with Noctua NF-F12 PWM.. And results are fantastic..

http://i.imgur.com/tTcW9.jpg

i looked for 4 different temperature and 3 different mode.

No code has to be inserted here.

Here is the results

http://i.imgur.com/ZaPwJ.jpg

As you can see Noctua NF-F12 PWM have almost same performance of the stock fans..

Corsair H80 Stock fan's slightly better ( just 1 degree) than Noctua! Stock fan noisy as hell on high mode..

Noctua NF-F12 PWM fans are really quiet. I never heard it untill 1100-1200 RPM, death silence.

After the 1200 RPM you can hear a little bit noise , on 1500 RPm you can hear a little more noise. But it's not much. if we compare not even close stock fan's hell noise..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Thanks for the test!

It does not appear that you have the F12s plugged into the H80 pump. Do you have them plugged into the MB?

I wonder this too and am very eager to find out.

I first got me two NF-P12 (non PWM) but haven't installed anything yet. Thinking of swapping them for NF-F12 PWM fans instead.

• 9 months later...

I just wanted to note that I also installed a pair of NF-12 pwm to the H80 radiator, and results are incredible! I installed both fans with a Y-cable into a 4 pin header of the pump, and even on low setting, temps are as good as on medium setting with stock fans.

Topping 60ºC on a 4.1ghz/1.15v 3770k with prime95.

On normal gaming/idleing activity (summer right now in Spain, avg room temps of 27ºC) core temps go between upper 30º and lower 50º.

On medium setting, fans run at max speed and are notticeable, but nowhere near as loud as stock fans are, and temps are excellent.

Noctua fans are as ugly as hell, and expensive also, but they are worth every cent you spend on them.

And as for installing them on a MB header, you can also do that, but then you'll have to add some kind of fan control software (like speed fan), and associate a fan controller instance to the cpu cores. Not difficult at all, but seems the H80 pump can handle that as well. I'll test some time and post back results.

On a side note, I've goy my case modded so I could install the H80 radiator as front intake... temps for rear intake are real bad, as it takes hot air from the graphic cards. For rear exhaust results are pretty much the same as they are for intake.

All in all, I'm really impressed with noctua's work.

• 5 months later...
I just wanted to note that I also installed a pair of NF-12 pwm to the H80 radiator, and results are incredible! I installed both fans with a Y-cable into a 4 pin header of the pump, and even on low setting, temps are as good as on medium setting with stock fans.

Topping 60ºC on a 4.1ghz/1.15v 3770k with prime95.

On normal gaming/idleing activity (summer right now in Spain, avg room temps of 27ºC) core temps go between upper 30º and lower 50º.

On medium setting, fans run at max speed and are notticeable, but nowhere near as loud as stock fans are, and temps are excellent.

Noctua fans are as ugly as hell, and expensive also, but they are worth every cent you spend on them.

And as for installing them on a MB header, you can also do that, but then you'll have to add some kind of fan control software (like speed fan), and associate a fan controller instance to the cpu cores. Not difficult at all, but seems the H80 pump can handle that as well. I'll test some time and post back results.

On a side note, I've goy my case modded so I could install the H80 radiator as front intake... temps for rear intake are real bad, as it takes hot air from the graphic cards. For rear exhaust results are pretty much the same as they are for intake.

All in all, I'm really impressed with noctua's work.

After some months of use and tweaking, here's what I've got:

- Noctua fans attached via y-splitter to a single mobo header, software controlled by speedfan (running all the way at 74% rpm, until core hits 50ºC, then following a curve up to 100% on 60ºC)

- At 74% they are dead silent (they spin at 1000-1100 rpm), and performance wise, impressive

- From 74% to 100%, the noise they make is notticeable, and not proportionally as efficient as they are while in the 74% range

As of now, I'm sitting at 4,4 @ 1.21v.

My average room temp is 20ºC, and I'm getting core temps between 27ºC - 40ºC when idleing/normal activity.

After a 1hour prime 95 run, cores got in the 60ºC average, peaking up to 68ºC, and quickly going back to 60ºC (even in some cases, going down to 52ºC)

When first installed them, the cpu block was seated with Arctic silver 7, but now I'm using LiquidCoolaboratory Ultra, and as I'm reading my previous post, it seems to work wonders on my setup.

Archived