Corsair Community

K90 US layout (not US Int.) shipped to Europe?

zbob8

I've tried the US/English International version of the K90 (CH-9000003-EU), but ended up returning it to the store because I didn't like the left shift key. Corsair for some reason split what is normally one larger shift key into two small keys. I just couldn't get used to that for gaming.

Besides that I really liked the K90. Since the US version (CH-9000003-NA) has a normal left shift key I was wondering if there's any way I could get one shipped to The Netherlands (for reasonable prices). Amazon and other retailers don't ship the K90 internationally...

• Corsair Employees

I would not suggest doing an RMA. If you do an RMA you will most likely be sent the same version that is received by Corsair.

If you make a special request with our customer service department they would have to approve it.

I would not suggest doing an RMA. If you do an RMA you will most likely be sent the same version that is received by Corsair.

If you make a special request with our customer service department they would have to approve it.

Sigh.....As stated earlier: When you apply for a RMA, clearly state that you want another version of the board (so explain you have UK version and want a US layout version) and they will send the right one (haven't received it yet, but part no seems ok).

You can read that in the Tech support thread I've got running with Corsair too, Ram Guy!

• Corsair Employees
I just want everyone to understand if you fill out an RMA request for a keyboard, you will get the same region keyboard back. Any special special request will need to be reviewed by customer service.

• 5 weeks later...
As of right now unless a reseller picks up the US version, you would either have to live in the US, or order it from our website direct.

Shame this board isn't shipped to the EU. The market research by Corsair has been sub-par imho, you should know what people want in which country and advise retailers. The tiny left shift key is gonna bother a lot of people I can guarantee. I've posted this a critique on a few online reviews now myself. If enough people RMA, it will be picked up by the retailers I hope.

Btw, when I try to order on the corsair site I get: "This product is currently out of stock."...

Swingtop:

Also are you from the US originally? I'm I correct to assume English keyboards in your region tend to follow the US layout and not the UK layout?

Yes, you are correct. I am Dutch, and our keyboards use the US (US international) layout by default. I no expert, but at least we are used to having a normal (big) shift keys on keyboards. Anything else is non-standard.

See this link for a list of popular keyboards in NL, the majority of them have the US International layout.

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/

I've read several topics on tech sites on the left shift key already (negative opinions). I really hope the US board will be available in our country, because I liked the feel of the EU version a lot, although I returned it of course.

Thanks.

Just RMA your board....Tell em you want the US international Lay-out and it will be with you in a weeks time!

I did, they told me they didn't have the board. I get a refund instead. The board isn't listed on any dutch webshop.

Archived