Corsair Community

Warning!!! Do not flash firmware for h100

randolla

According to Ramguy, a Corsair employee, DONOT follow the software's instructions to update your firmware for the H100. It may brick your H100.

Why I have to post this instead of Corsair, I do not know.

Why it has taken weeks for Corsair to figure out that the software is doing this I do not know.

Why up until two days ago and only after a long phone call did Corsair ignore this forum reagrding a new product that has some big problems?

I hope someone from Corsair will elaborate about the firmware issues and what to do if you already (like me) have updated the firmware.

Do we all need to RMA our H100s? Is there a way to re-flash it to the proper firmware?

We are all waiting.

I have got my Link only yesterday

I didn't read this post until today

and I have already updated my H100 already to the new firmware

My H100 still works and I can control the fans with the Link

Is it bad that my Cooler has the new firmware?

But it is still working fine or I just got lucky that it didn't got bricked?

People, I think we will have to show some patience as they sort this one out. I don't think they gave this product the proper shake-down (even though it's launch was delayed significantly). I'm sure that everything will be sorted out anf that Corsair will keep us advise.. right?

I agree with MrFizzbin. It may be possible to rectify the situation fairly soon, even so, a couple of days or even a week sounds a little bit short.

I see enough potential in this product not to mind getting cut by the bleeding edge a bit, I do hope though that Corsair does get its act together before the big reviewers pounce on it. I'm afraid the current state of affairs is not going to cut it for the AnandTech's and Tom's Hardware's of this world. That would be a darn shame as this is potentially the best cooling solution I've ever seen. It makes previous attempts like T-Balancer and such look like prehistoric. But... it has to work correctly.

Ok here is my two cents worth. Yes I can understand that a new product can have issues that will not show up untill many users install it. That I can understand and accept.

What I cannot accept is the shoddy and almost complete nonexistence of Corsair trying to help us out with these issues. It seems no one at Corsair is even reading this forum. Ramguy finally read them on the 15th but that was only after I called him and begged Corsair to do something for us. He responded to all of the posts and that is where he said to not update the firmware for the H100. Then he disappeared.

Is Ramguy the only one who can read at Corsair?

Is he still there?

How long will it take to get some answers to our questions this time?

Waiting WEEKS for some support is being more than patient in my opinion.

Do I have to start complaining elsewhere in other forums to get Corsair's attention?

How long will it take Corsair??? What do we have to do? This would never happen at EVGA.

Get your act together NOW!!!!

All you have to do IS READ THIS FORUM and then respond.

Is that so hard?

I am sorry about the rant, but you can see that I am getting really frustrated with the lack of support here.

I called Corsair again today and this is what I now know.

Do not flash the firmware for the H100/H80.

If you ,like myself, have already flashed it and have had no immediate problems you should be OK. It would appear that we did not infact actually flash anything although it says we did.

If you now have a brick instead of a cooler, Corsair will RMA it.

I think Corsair has gotten the message and will be reading this forum and collect data so they can update both the software and firmware.

I can't promise to have the answer but I will try to help with what I can. PM me if you want to with your questions or post them here. I check in several times a day.

I had no problem flashing my H100. The first window that comes up when I installed the program was a giant dialog box telling me to flash my H80/H100 to version 1.1. The firmware it prompted me to download was 1.1.12. It flashed with no problem and I was up and controlling fans right away.

filename does not = actual file. looking for a sense of urgency on this one and an official position by the company. Many promises on this product, marketed promises with regards to capabilities, expansion, etc... The lack of sense of urgency on an official company position on these matters, outside of this forum, is concerning. Figured the file itself may help someone out.

Too late for me. I just bricked it this weekend after installing the full Link Commander setup and updating the H100 firmware. Who would think that this would be the case, especially if Corsair knew ahead of time? This is particularly strange since Corsair usually is great with their products and support.

BTW, the firmware I had was 1.0.X before I flashed it.

• Corsair Employees
It is not that we knew there was a problem; only that a few user had reported the problem and our suggestion was to not update the firmware. We are looking into the reported issue now. You do not need to update the firmware for it to work.

• 8 months later...
It is not that we knew there was a problem; only that a few user had reported the problem and our suggestion was to not update the firmware. We are looking into the reported issue now. You do not need to update the firmware for it to work.

OKay....So has this issue been resolved at this point.....months later???? Are we still not supposed to upgrade the firmware??? :confused:

• 1 year later...
for Ram Guy, attached is the firmware the link software is telling users to install for the H100. figured I'd put an end to this debate about "whether it really is" telling the end user to update the H100 firmware upon installation. I added the .txt just so I could up load the file.

the latest corsair link software causes some H100s to run at 100% I used the "custom" button under the update (for what was showing as a lighting node because that is what the auto update decided it was) then boom! I now have a working H100 now!!

Archived