Corsair Community

AX850W Sleeved kit

JayJapanB

Hey guys,

I have been wanting to pick up an AX850 and a white sleeved cable set to replace my HX850(which is working fine I might add) just for the fully sleeved cables.

Problem is the corsair shop says the set comes with only two 6+2 pin pci cables. I run sli GTX 460s and need four pci cables in total. I thought buying an AX1200 set would solve my problem though I quickly found out that those cables are proprietary to the 1200.

When the shop says two 6+2 cables does it mean two 12 pin to 2x6+2 pin or only two 6+2 pin cables?

Thanks!

(Also, on a side note it seems strange that the AX1200 would have a different pin layout when one of the main reasons (I thought) of the AX fully modular psus was that they could be replaced without changing any cable routing.)

(Also, on a side note it seems strange that the AX1200 would have a different pin layout when one of the main reasons (I thought) of the AX fully modular psus was that they could be replaced without changing any cable routing.)

Totally different. I had the AX850 and upgraded to the AX1200. The PCI-E cables for the AX850 are 2 6+2 connectors joined to a single 12-pin connector that plugs into the PSU. For the AX1200 each 6+2 PCI-E connector is a single cable with an 8-pin connector that plugs into the PSU. Once I saw that when I received my AX1200 I wondered how the AX850 powered the 6+2 PCI-E connectors like that (i.e., 16 pins with only 12 to the PSU).

I believe I have found my answer in pictures on Drako.it who apparently are resellers of the cables (either way I bought from the corsair shop), showing two dual pci cables. I think I was getting mixed up in that they are two cables with four 6+2 pin connectors in total.

Unless anyone has any information to say otherwise I think this is all cleared up.

I look forward to a sexy sleeved psu in the post :D

Edit: Sorry for the double post. I probably should have edited my last one.

Archived