Corsair Community

K90 G-Key: assign as simple keystroke?

monsto

can a G-key be set to just act like another key?

the closest i get is the touch-n-hold setting of the playback options, but it's not quite the same. in games where i use a "touch to talk" option, it doesn't quite do it... it cuts in and out at random. i have the "Fixed Macro Time Delay" set to 1ms and no delay on the macro (which is only the key press and release with no delay).

wow. that's . . . unfortunate. can't say i expected that at all.

here's a suggestion: a "standard keystroke" option would be good to have along with the existing macro, 'send once', 'send multiple' and 'touch and hold' options.

Maybe make it possible to assign separate macros to the G key press and release events. That way you could assign a key press when the G key is pressed and a release when the G key is released. Alternatively, maybe make it possible to add a new type of delay to the macro, where it will wait for the G key to be released before proceeding.

I come back to this thread to implore the dev team to implement my suggestion.

after buying this kb, i hadn't really used it much. This w'end I attempted to play several different games where this missing feature is simply in the way.

I wasn't aware that i had so many binds that used touch-and-hold keystrokes. Anything that uses "touch to talk" is a perfect example. Can't do it.

To reiterate, i'm talking about having the option for a GKey to behave as a normal keystroke.

Hello

If this is a true Gaming keyboard, why am i unable to assign G keys to a single keystroke to be applied ingame? I have trolled these forums and tried the mentioned fixes, but to no avail.

To me the G keys on this board are now of no use at all. This is very dissapointing after paying £ 100.00 and finding 18 of the keys will not work ingame.

In my oppinion the Corsair Vengeance K90 Keyboard should not be advertised as a gaming keyboard. I am going to RMA this board to the supplier then buy a proper gaming keyboard ie Logitech!

Have to say I find this baffling as well. It makes the keyboard fairly pointless to me too. Well, if I wasn't waiting for my RMA replacement ...

I bought the keyboard thinking that I could just re-assign a set of relative controls (like comms in FPS or flight sims for example) to the macro area of the keyboard and then just use the profile setup to switch between groups when needed.

I was using the Saitek Gaming Keyboard and the command pad allows you to setup macros and direct key presses without fuss. Why is this such a big deal for Corsair?

• Corsair Employees

redmott: You are able to set single key strokes and macros for use in game.

Give me an example of what you are trying to set and in what game.

arkweld: What issues are you having creating macros with the G keys?

Hello RAM GUY

I am unable to apply single keystrokes to the movement keys WSAD in Call Of Duty 4.

I can record Macro's for these movements but they are very twitchy, not good for smooth gameplay.

What is needed in the next software update is the ability to assign a single keystroke to the G keys so the G keys will then work like the normal keyboard keys and can be recognised assigned in game.

So you need 2 options in the keyboard configuration software.

Option:- Assign As Keystroke.

Option:- Assign As Macro.

Other gaming keyboard manufacturers have these options, why not Corsair?

This is a good keyboard, being let down by inadequate software!

Archived