Corsair Community

Case #2616857 : No progress in RMA

MasterMace

Opened this case on 1/30/12, had an reaction that the item could be RMA-ed and I needed to supply my address and phonenumber, did that, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Very strange, because on other case id's, I get almost instant responses.

What is going on here?

• Corsair Employees

You will have to either go back to the reseller to return it or complete the RMA form and you can check your email for the link to go back into your case to compete the RMA information. I did enter your address for you but it may not be correct as I am not sure about your City or county

However I am concerned that if you do the RMA with us directly you would get the same Key Board. I will send a message to customer service to see if there is any thing that can be done to ensure you can get the right KB Layout

• Corsair Employees

A lot of the Forms are automated and once the item is received in our RMA system the order is automatically sent based on what you send in... The system cannot change to another part number. You might want to call our customer service by phone and ask them for this but I do not think this can be done through the on line system. Not to mention we may not have that Key Board in your country.

You can install SKYPE and call the toll free number for free the number is listed under contact on the main site.

I've now sent in my RMA on Friday last, had a re-assurance from Tech Support that they will replace my UK keyboard with an US layout one.

Unfortunately, although my package was received by Corsair Netherlands on Monday, 10.38 hours local time, after 57 hours, there is still no update on my RMA page, it still claims that nothing has been received.

It's nice that Corsair says that you should not go to a retailer, but RMA with them directly, but come on, get your act together then!

Very bad communication to customers. Wondering if buying a Corsair case, PSU, Memory, H100 and Link-kit for my upcoming Ivy Bridge build is such a good idea....

Update: Called Corsair Netherlands yesterday (Yups, they DO have a phone number in the Netherlands) and a US version seems to be on it's way from the good, old, mighty U S of A !

Keep you posted on this!

PS: Strange thing is: The RMA status still states that 'defective parts not yet received'....If you're not going to give your customers updates, don't make a page where it can be checked.... :zzzzzzzz:

As you can read in this thread, I already done this, using the local phone number in the Netherlands. They assured me a replacement was on it's way from the USA.

What surprises me is that the status on the RMA page still states that the defective part has not been received, while it IS!

This is getting worse by the day....After contacting Corsair Netherlands directly last week, where I was assured a replacement k-board was on it way from USA AND receiving following msg from Technical Support:

"Dear customer,

Your replacement will ship out within the next 1-2 business days. We will send you a tracking # once item has been sent out. 2/23/2012 6:41:01 PM"

I now received a message stating:

"Dear customer,

I do appologize for the confusion and inconvenience. I checked our system and this product is currently on back order. The replacement is showing and ETA of 03/05/12. 2/28/2012 10:37:30 AM"

Yeah, right...I'm not buying this anymore...Where is the SER VICE in Customer Service, Corsair?

- My RMA is still not updated, still showing my keyboard hasn't been received yet, while I have prove it has been at Corsair Netherlands since Feb 20th, 10.37AM

- I have to constantly check and ask what the status is;

- I've been told by phone and via Tech Support that a replacement was sent out;

- 5 days after the above message, suddenly the keyboard is on Backorder??? Really, a Keyboard?

I hope there is just one Corsair representative who will look at this case, tell me what the heck is going on and make some well deserved apologies!

Strongly reconsidering my planned purchases for my new build from Corsair (being a Case, memory, SSD, PSU, H100, Link Commander). No way I'm gonna deal with this 'service' for my main components....

• Corsair Employees

I have already told you we do not have customer service in that office so calling them will be useless. You will need to contact or customer service if you have more questions. I am sure the person who answered is just trying to help but they do not have access to the RMA system...

I am sorry but you keep making this more confusing for everyone by not flowing the instructions I have given you, and contacting the correct people that can help you. I work here why would I lie to you?:confused::confused:

Fact is, I send my keyboard to the address in the Netherlands. They signed for receiving the keyboard. On the RMA site it still states that the keyboard isn't received yet, so where is it?

Second, Tech Support clearly stated on the 23rd that they would sent out my replacement US version of the K90 board to me in 1 or 2 business days (so that's the 24th or 27th). Today, suddenly, the keyboard is on backorder???

Thirdly, why do I have to call in to an American support number, when you've got a RMA site? Why doesn't Corsair just update the status there? Why do I -as a customer- have to take the trouble of installing Skype, getting an account and calling an international number? Just update the RMA page, keep me up-to-date and I'm a happy camper!

• Corsair Employees
We are not a small company and just because it was received at a specific location it may take some time to process the RMA and for that to show in the system. I will send another message to our customer but like I have stated it would be best for you to call them by phone.

I know Corsair is a big company and therefor it should have it's procedures in order. That's all I'm saying.

To my surprise I've got an email from Tech Support this morning, stating that my replacement CH-9000003-NA K90 keyboard has been shipped... Unfortunately still to the wrong formatted address, but I've emailed about that already.

Now just hoping and crossing my fingers that my other RMA's will be a better experience....

Archived